Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2008 5:31:43 PM EDT
I will be making a trip to Kanas city next week.  Are there any dealers that would be worth checking out.  Looking at picking up either a RRA entry carbine or an M1A and a glock 45 compensated.  Not familiar with any dealers there, just checking if anybody knows a good one worth making a stop by.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Ryan
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a huge shop, but Olathe gun shop is good to deal with.  Several black rifles.... they are big RRA fans. If the owner Mike is there deal with him.

Olathe Gun Shop
716 S Rodgers Rd
Olathe, KS  66062  
913/782-6900
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
You should of posted this in the Missouri Hometown Foum

I'll give you names, address' and contact #'s are up to you.
These are they ones closest to KC. However, there are more in the metropolitan area.

Dennys
US Guns
Showme Shooters

Dennys will probably have the largest, most tactical selection.

US guns is my favorite.

But don't be surprised if everyone is sold out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Great Guns in Kearney is NE of Liberty.  Great Place!  They sell to a lot of ppl in the metro that make the drive up there.  Easy for you if coming down I35 from Iowa.  Know what you want I'd call them.  They compete well this way and if you know what you want and the price you are looking for, seriouslly call them.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-17764035-great-guns-kearney;_ylt=Aj9Tq4yHijdXX_QleTxXsCeHNcIF;_ylv=3?csz=Kearney%2C+MO+64060

Show Me Shooters in claycomo.  One of my all time favorite places.  Ask for Tom.
http://www.showmeshooters.com/

Dennys Guns NKC - Good selection Kinda Snobby.  Denny on here has next to noting to do with the retail store.  He may "Lease it".  He works out of the back room on the web stuff.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-17795864-denny-s-guns-kansas-city?csz=North+Kansas+City%2C+MO+64116

All 3 easy to get to coming down I35 from Iowa.  Especially the 1st 2.

I've actually gotten a couple of ARs from Cabela's at great prices.  Lots of Stock.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys.  My sister in law is police down in KCK and we're going to visit her.  We'll be on the west side out by Cabellas so thats an easy jump over.  I'll slide by the other two, one on the way down and the other on the way out.  The part about everybody being sold out kind of sucks.  I know there is a big gun show in Des Moines over Thanksgiving weekend and that will probably be my last shot and buying anything before Christmas.  Everything local here is long gone!!!!!  

Ryan
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Added link for the USGun

http://local.yahoo.com/info-41707257-us-gun-specialties-kansas-city?csz=Smithville%2C+MO+64089

Last time I was in they did have lots of selection.  And helpfull.  Not too far from the others or KCK.

Have not traded with them yet.

Yet seriously call Great Guns.  worth the extra 10 min.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

These are they ones closest to KC. However, there are more in the metropolitan area.

Dennys
US Guns
Showme Shooters

US guns is my favorite.

Denny's is pretty much tapped out. I was there today to pick up a lower from Denny.
They had a total of probably 3 assorted configuration AR's of no specific manufacturer, a handful of AK's and a bunch of fudd guns.
$20+ used AR mags. $50 Used M14 USGI magazines.
This is not my standard anti-Denny's attitude, It's me honestly saying what I seen today.

And Denny himself is out of stripped lowers,  he does have some of his billet lowers left.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I will second the Great Guns vote, I'm in their weekly. If your looking for EBR's they aren't your store tho. They have a few, but a usually higher priced than the others.(they are more of a handgun/hunting shop)

US Guns is good to go, great selection, ok guys to deal with.

Show me shooters, Toms a good guy, but loud and opinionated. Bewtween Show-me and Denny's, they  probably have the best EBR selections north of the river.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
US GUNS has my vote
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dennys
US Guns
Showme Shooters

US guns is my favorite.

Denny's is pretty much tapped out. I was there today to pick up a lower from Denny.
They had a total of probably 3 assorted configuration AR's of no specific manufacturer, a handful of AK's and a bunch of fudd guns.
This is not my standard anti-Denny's attitude, It's me honestly saying what I seen today.

And Denny himself is out of stripped lowers,  he does have some of his billet lowers left.

I was in Denny's a couple of weeks ago.  It was a mess.  I think theres something going on like a change of ownership or something?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dennys
US Guns
Showme Shooters

US guns is my favorite.

I was in Denny's a couple of weeks ago.  It was a mess.  I think theres something going on like a change of ownership or something?

Yea that was the rumor.  But the store is always physically a mess, and still reaks of cigar smoke.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dennys
US Guns
Showme Shooters

US guns is my favorite.

Yea that was the rumor.  But the store is always physically a mess, and still reaks of cigar smoke.

Not a rumor. B.A.T.F.E. gave Chuck an ultimatum, sell or else.

Denny has nothing to do with the Retail store. Denny runs a tight ship and has pretty much a 100% customer satisfaction rating!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#13]
As of yesterday ,there were several ars in US Guns.

I liked Alan (owner)  when I picked up my new 6520 on tuesday, (transfer)  that I went back yesterday and bought a GSG-5  for 481.00   Show me shooters wanted 550.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dennys
US Guns
Showme Shooters

US guns is my favorite.

Not a rumor. B.A.T.F.E. gave Chuck an ultimatum, sell or else.

Denny has nothing to do with the Retail store. Denny runs a tight ship and has pretty much a 100% customer satisfaction rating!

PursuitSS

Wait, what?  Details?  Is Chuck going bye-bye?  Whats the skinny?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top