Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2008 4:41:27 PM EDT
Who (locally) will you be ordering through or who will be doing your transfers? If figure not all of us here know of a nearby C2/3 SOT, so maybe a list of dealers across MO would help folks get started with their suppressor purchases. Also if you know of a dealer who stocks particular brands or models, that info will be helpful as well. If you're a MO dealer and will be ordering suppressors or transfering them, list your contact info, as well as brands you will sell.

Ideally it would be nice to find what I'm looking for locally, but that's not likely to happen. The second best option would be to have a local dealer order what I need, but again, that means finding a local C2/3 SOT, who is willing to do the order, and can actually get me what I want. Last case option I suppose would be to find what I want out of state, and find a local C2/3 for the transfer. But then I'm at the mercy of their transfer fee.

www.csmetall-werkes.com/ in St. Charles is the only place I've dealt with in my area which regularly has title II goodies. I haven't been there in a while, because of their weird hours (Fridays and Saturdays only IIRC) , but I assume they will be selling suppressors. They are a bit pricey, or at least that was my impression when I purchased from them in the past. Did an out of state SBR transfer through them years ago, and IIRC it was $50, but I think that went up a lot since then. Not sure what brands of suppressors they will deal in.

Personally, I'm not buying anything right away, since I have too many projects going. I'm eventually thinking of going for a KAC NT4 (probably be a bit difficult to find) and perhaps a SWR Trident to start with.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting my swr trident 9 from C&S.  He'll order anything basically.  He was real honest about how hes going to sell suppressors at MSRP price.  I expect that from anywhere though.

Weird hours, but they are super nice.  My wife says the people in there are more friendly than people in church....and we are church people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a plug for Sub_Mg. He posts on this board and is excellent to work with. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He is located in the Greater Kansas City area.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone with a C&R got an approved form 4 yet?
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I too am getting my SWR Spectre and a YHM Phantom transferred through SUB_MG (a member here). He is located just east of KC and I have gotten all of my NFA transfers through him. He is a great guy and very knowledgable. He also will let you shoot his personal suppressors to try them out. His transfer fees are as low as I have seen. Two thumbs up!

Purchased the suppressors from Bryon at www.major-malfunction.com

Another very helpful and knowledgable guy with the best pricing on the interweb.

Two more thumbs up...wait, that's 4 thumbs. They deserve it!
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If anyone ever see's a better price than Bryon's at Major-malfunction out of Oklahoma, I'd sure like to hear about it.  He is the lowest around.  He will answer all of your "stupid" questions without hesitation.  Another thumbs up from me.

~Ed
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Im getting my 10/22 done by a local mfg. but on my 9mm M16 Im going to have him order a YHM wraith, cant wait.

Aug223
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 3:24:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Purchased the suppressors from Bryon at www.major-malfunction.com

Thanks for the link, looks like they deal in many of the big name suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I second Bryon at Major Malfunction.  He's very responsive to email and phone calls and goes way out of his way to answer questions IMHO.  Heck, he even emailed me back when he was on vacation in HI in response to an unimportant question.  Not many would do that.

Craig
aka 21Bravo
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#9]
He called me at home on a Sunday afternoon.

~Ed
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got to second anything good said about Sub_MG.  He's a wealth of information, and your transfer fee comes with enough information to make your brain hurt.

He's my go-to guy for every transfer.  I cannot overstate my satisfaction.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I talked to Jeff (CMMG) today, we are starting the process now.

BTW, the front runner at the moment is a SWR Trident 9 with two mounts, one for the AR (whisper) and one for my 84 year old Astra 400.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I spoke to Bryon at major-malfunction.  He was incredibly nice and helpful.  His prices were fantastic.  I ultimately chose to go with C&S for a variety of reasons (namely that I have done business with them a few times now and like the service).

Evidently mid america arms off of Gravois will be selling suppressors (but not SWR).  They also offered to do a transfer for $75.  I have transferred 2 guns through them and found them to be very nice to deal with.

Best of luck!

Chris

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Did Jeff mention when they plan to have their own line of silencers out?

Quoted:
the front runner at the moment is a SWR Trident 9 with two mounts, one for the AR (whisper) and one for my 84 year old Astra 400.

Cool.  You'll have to post pics when you get everything together.

Does the Astra come with a threaded barrel, and if so what thread pitch?

If you have to get it threaded, why not have it threaded to the same pitch as your AR (1/2-36 I assume), and then you'll just have to get one mount.

Is the Astra a blowback gun, or does it have a locked breech?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Evidently mid america arms off of Gravois will be selling suppressors (but not SWR).  They also offered to do a transfer for $75.  I have transferred 2 guns through them and found them to be very nice to deal with.

No kidding? I didn't know they did NFA stuff. $75 isn't too bad for an NFA transfer, and they are pretty close to my home.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding? I didn't know they did NFA stuff. $75 isn't too bad for an NFA transfer, and they are pretty close to my home.

That's what they said on the phone a few weeks ago.

I called and asked about a transfer.  They said they will be selling suppressors.  I then asked about an SWR Trident.....after a brief hold they said they will not be carrying that brand but I could have it shipped in and pay the $75 transfer fee.

They do require that you show up first with your C&R and get you in their system.

That's as much as I know, so don't take it as gospel!

-Chris

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did Jeff mention when they plan to have their own line of silencers out?

Yep, but not in 9mm, they will also be carrying a few lines other than their own,

Quoted:
the front runner at the moment is a SWR Trident 9 with two mounts, one for the AR (whisper) and one for my 84 year old Astra 400.

Cool.  You'll have to post pics when you get everything together.

Does the Astra come with a threaded barrel, and if so what thread pitch?

If you have to get it threaded, why not have it threaded to the same pitch as your AR (1/2-36 I assume), and then you'll just have to get one mount.

Is the Astra a blowback gun, or does it have a locked breech?  

Already have a barrel for the Astra and the threads are 1/2x32. Don't need the threads to match. They have a quick connect type adapter so all it takes is a push, twist and pull it off it comes, Probably takes about 15 seconds to switch between guns.
The Astra has a fixed barrel, no worrying about recoil boosters or weight of the supressor causing cycling problems, solves a lot of troubles right there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They have a CMMG AR SBR for sale on the wall.  I've had great experiences dealing with Al.  Always helpful and puts up with my nagging questions.  If I end up buying a suppressor and not building one, I'm gonna get it from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top