Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 2:24:22 PM EDT
I am seriously thinking about  a new DSA FAL.  I can't decide if I want to spend the extra jack for the Para model..it's about $300 more.  I'm leaning towards the fixed stock...

What do you think?

ETA:  Pics about ten posts down...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
have to vote para

just because i never owned one and i want one. its one of the few guns that would get me back into the 308 game

Ronald
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Big ass gun, Id stick with the big stock.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't get the PARA now then it would cost you more than 3 bills to convert it.

Get the Para, it is what you want and you won't be happy unless you get what you want.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What barrel length are you planning on?

PS.  if you are wanting a para pdq I know where there are a couple brand new, in stock
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm  with AFSOC on this.  Para is the way to go.  Buy ammo later.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
your rifle needs the extra evil feature because it will be all in the name of pissing the libtards off that and that is what I would spring for
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#8]
There are some significant design differences between the Para and the full size FAL you should consider. The fixed stock FAL has a recoil spring system in the stock. In the Para this has to be condensed under the top cover. That is why the Para uses a different carrier, top cover, etc. The end result is more felt recoil on the Para and a bit less accuracy. I think the Para is a cool looking gun but there is probably good reason why virtually every military which used the FAL used the fixed stock version...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What barrel length are you planning on?

PS.  if you are wanting a para pdq I know where there are a couple brand new, in stock

16.25" with short gas system.  Do tell where and how much..

Or this.

This is my current FAL:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top