Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 8:02:06 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=733800

We really need ccw on campus legalized.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya there, dern.  The only place mass shootings happen is in "Gun-free" zones.

Wonder what the circumstances are.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Was  this legit or unfounded?  I can't find anything further on it...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
we need wump in here to clear some things up
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I just posted this over on the GD thread that is linked above. 6 post later and no one seems to have noticed the news update that I offered and copied below. Seems that they are more interested in anything but what has been reported in two different sources.

Copied:  Just told my wife about this thread. She is fairly good at finding things on the web. Both a news paper out of Columbia Mo and the AP are reporting that the dead are two men and a woman. One man and a woman are exes about 45 yrs old I think and one man is a few years younger. They are not saying what went down at this time.

Could it be a drug deal gone bad? Or a jealous ex husband shoots ex wife and her new younger lover, then himself?

Google is your friend

Max

just now edited this in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:19:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Domestic situation gone bad

Story from Springfield News-Leader

www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080720/NEWS01/807200321

3 bodies found in Barry County
Officials speculate man shot ex-wife, boyfriend, himself.

Autopsies are planned for Monday on the bodies of three people found shot to death Friday night near a high school sporting complex in Washburn.
Advertisement

Officials speculated the case was a double homicide and a suicide and said further information should come to light in the next few days.

The dead are identified as Carl Miller, 42, his ex-wife, Rhonda Miller, 39, both of Washburn; and Donald Horton Jr., 45, of Bentonville, Ark., according to the Barry County Sheriff's Department.

A story on the Web site of the Bentonville Morning Sun newspaper on Saturday said Detective Robert M. Evenson of the sheriff's office identified Horton as Rhonda Miller's boyfriend.

Witnesses reported the three had been seen sitting on picnic benches and talking about 7 p.m. Friday, Barry County Sheriff Mick Epperly said.

The discussion apparently turned "heated," he said.

Rhonda Miller and Horton suffered multiple gunshot wounds from a 9mm pistol, including one gunshot wound each to the head, Evenson said.

A 9mm pistol was recovered at the scene, Epperly said.

State Trooper Les Wilson was on regular patrol about 10 p.m. and noticed some motorcycles and a Jeep in the parking lot near the Southwest High School's baseball field along Missouri Route 90, Epperly said.

Wilson saw three bodies on the ground and initially thought it was kids trying to hide from him, but quickly realized it wasn't, Epperly said.

The Sheriff's Department, along with the Missouri Highway Patrol, sent investigators to the scene.

Authorities who canvassed the area spoke with neighbors about what they may have seen or heard, Epperly said.

One neighbor said she heard gunshots but didn't see anything, he added.

"Sad it had to come down to this," Epperly said of the shooting.

Epperly said Carl Miller was "distraught" his ex-wife had a boyfriend and "kind of just snapped."

The Millers were the parents of a teenage son, Epperly told the Morning Sun.

The investigation is being handled by the Highway Patrol and Barry County Sheriff's Department.

Sgt. Mike Watson of the Missouri Highway Patrol told the News-Leader, "I think we'll find some more answers in the coming days. We need to get the autopsies done and get more interviews."

"We're still early in this," Watson said.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Could have done it with a baseball bat, or anyother means he saw fit.  One point calls her his wife and then calls her his ex.  If it is his wife, and he caught her with another guy...well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top