Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 11:52:26 AM EDT
Hey guys, I am coming home (STL) at the end of August.  I already have my FL. non resident permit, and am wanting my MO.  A couple of questions.  When and where are the classes?  How much (cost-wise) is it total?  How long does it last? (I am going on a cruise in 09)  <---- no, not a cruise ship, a different kind, with a flat top and some wires over it.  I can deal with my FL until I get out, but would like to carry here in SC, while I am here.  Thanks,

Pat
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
John Ross (of Unintended Consequences fame) runs a CCW class...

www.john-ross.net/ccw.php

I took his class, very interesting guy, one of the important players in the fight to get CCW in Missouri.  Also, after the range session you get a chance to shoot some of his full-auto toys.

The only draw back is you have to drive to Grafton, Il for the range session.

Bull's Eye also offers a class...

www.bullseyestl.com/training.nxg

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, any info on the other questions?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
John Ross' class is $125 or $100 each if you bring a friend.

Classroom is 4-1/2 hours on a week night with plenty of breaks.  Check his website that I linked to, he changes his schedule around occassionally.  It is held at the Legion Post 101, at the intersection of Manchester Rd and Brentwood Blvd.

The 4 hour range sessions are usually on Saturdays at his rock quarry 30 miles North of Alton, Il

His contact information is here: www.john-ross.net/contact.php

Bull's Eye is also $125.00

The class is held on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month from 9 AM to 6 PM

Address:
5100 Manchester Road
St. Louis, MO 63110

Contact info:
314-781-4867
E-mail: [email protected]

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How long does it last?

Specifically the permit.  And how much does the permit cost?  Why do they not offer anything special for persons in the military?  That pisses me off.

Pat
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How long does it last?

Specifically the permit.  And how much does the permit cost?  Why do they not offer anything special for persons in the military?  That pisses me off.

Pat

The permits are good for 3 years.  The cost of the permits varies by county, but I don't think it can exceed $100.  I haven't had to renew yet so I don't know what renewals cost, but they are cheaper than the initial permit.

Between the cost of the class and the cost to get a MO permit for the first time, it'll probably cost you around $200 with a maximum of probably $225.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#6]
www.missouriconcealedcarry.com/
^ Id only use Basteen, he knows his stuff and its a good class.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How long does it last?

Pat

The permits are good for 3 years.  The cost of the permits varies by county, but I don't think it can exceed $100.  I haven't had to renew yet so I don't know what renewals cost, but they are cheaper than the initial permit.

Between the cost of the class and the cost to get a MO permit for the first time, it'll probably cost you around $200 with a maximum of probably $225.

Sorry, your question was going over my head for some reason.  My mind is on the weekend already, I guess.

BlueNoteExpress covered it.

I filed mine at St Louis County (in Clayton).  It was $76.  I'm guessing I'll have to pay something at the DoR for a new ID when it clears.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Renewals are $50 for another three years. I took my class with Duke_Nukem and highly recommend him if the others dont work out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
If you are just south of the city try Top Gun (topgunss.com)in Imperial.$125....Sat,Sun, or 4 hrs on Tues&Thur eve.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I filed mine at St Louis County (in Clayton).  It was $76.  I'm guessing I'll have to pay something at the DoR for a new ID when it clears.

Its only like $12 for a non-drivers license.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone have a list of states that honor MO's CCW.

Thanks Aug223
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
it looks like I will just wait until I get out.  If Obama hasnt revoked them all by then.  I just dont have enough time and cash available when I am home on leave.  But some good news, my mother did just go and qualify for hers, but she is retired LEO, so at least I know she is safe.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a list of states that honor MO's CCW.

Thanks Aug223

Well, to start, here's a good place to check for states that MO has reciprocity with.

www.ago.mo.gov/Concealed-Weapons/Concealed-Carry-Reciprocity-Missouri.htm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top