Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2008 1:27:48 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone else is going to the Tactical Police Competion August 9th at Bear Creek Tactical in Stockton, MO.

It is through the NRA Law Enforcement division and open to Sworn Law Enforcement, Military, and Private Sector Law Enforcement.  I plan to attend and was hoping to meet some others there. You can check for the information at the Bear Creek Tactical website. Cost is $40.00 and bring your own ammo. DPMS will provide rifles if you don't have one and Remington will provide a shotgun if you can't bring one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not going, but we had a farm in Stockton when I was growing up, about 1 mile west of Bear Creek..  That should be fun, I hope you guys enjoy it!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Did my SWAT training there.  It is a nice facility.  You should like it.  Don't expect to have too much after hours fun though... very, VERY, small town.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Myself and ABN-RGR were talking about going.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Myself and ABN-RGR were talking about going.

If you decide to go let me know would be nice to put a face with the name.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
We are currently going. We are going down on Friday to shoot. We will both be RO's the day of the match (Saturday).
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We are currently going. We are going down on Friday to shoot. We will both be RO's the day of the match (Saturday).

We should be RO'ing a stage together. We will see you there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to keep up with the thread.  I was the one in the KUPD hat.  Shot in squad 6 came in 20th out of the 30 in the patrol division but had a great time.  Thanks for working as a RO it was a great experience.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I was RO'ing the "Officer Down" stage. Cant remember seeing you, but there was a bunch of shooters there. It was a great match. SGTSAUER was running stage 7, the rifle only stage.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, I was on squad 6 also!!!   Wish I would have read this before the match.
I also shot patrol class and had the camo stock 870.  I was the "gamer" disecting
each stage and how to shoot it.

I lucked out in spite of some equipment choking and a brain fart or two and finished
3rd in Patrol.  Good enough for the STI Pistol.  The prize table was great for such an inexpensive entry fee.  
I have paid 3x that for a match with less goodies on it.

The match really was fun and a bunch of great guys and ROs.

That Officer Down stage was a blast.  Maybe because I did well on it but it did
challenge the shooter (and the RO to have to run back and forth all day)

Stage 7 was fun until I did a mag change and the new mag didn't want to play well.
It was a stage made to hose but sometimes the gear doesn't cooperate.  Still
a great stage even though I got yelled at for standing ahead of the scorer waiting to tape after scoring.  Having worked, ROed, designed and organized USPSA, IDPA, LE 3gun, Police Benefit, and MO Police Olympics matches myself over the past 20 years, I know when/when not to tape targets.  But the scorer doesn't know I know that.  

Too bad the match wasn't Sunday.  Weather was beautiful and much cooler with less
humidity.

I hope it's an annual event and I really liked it being within an hour drive of home.

Craig
Springfield PD (retired)
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Stage 7 was fun until I did a mag change and the new mag didn't want to play well.
a great stage even though I got yelled at for standing ahead of the scorer waiting to tape after scoring.  Having worked, ROed, designed and organized USPSA, IDPA, LE 3gun, Police Benefit, and MO Police Olympics matches myself over the past 20 years, I know when/when not to tape targets.  But the scorer doesn't know I know that.  

Craig
Springfield PD (retired)

I remember seeing you.

I apologize if I got gruff with you. I had several people that simply would not listen that day. I was getting cranky. A person gets tired of repeating themselves. We previously had people not paying attention, going ahead of the scorer and taping targets. The only feasible way of preventing this from happening was to keep everyone behind the scorer. So, again, my intent wasn't to insult you or your experience. I was only trying to run an efficient range that was fair to all of the competitors.

Congratulations on your finish. Great score on the pistol! Congratulations.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice Logo (Peace Sign) Chad.  Wonder where you got it????

It was a great match.  Lot's of fun.
I'd never shot in a three gun match, and fell all over myself in the shotgun stage 5 (three failure to engages) and 1 in stage 7 (dumbass disease). Killed my scores.
Next time I'll know what to expect.
Will definately go again soon.  Maybe CMMG's 3gun or elsewhere.

Does anyone know of other 3guns in MO close to Springfield????
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Craig
Springfield PD (retired)

I remember seeing you.

I apologize if I got gruff with you. I had several people that simply would not listen that day. I was getting cranky. A person gets tired of repeating themselves. We previously had people not paying attention, going ahead of the scorer and taping targets. The only feasible way of preventing this from happening was to keep everyone behind the scorer. So, again, my intent wasn't to insult you or your experience. I was only trying to run an efficient range that was fair to all of the competitors.

Congratulations on your finish. Great score on the pistol! Congratulations.

Hey, I didn't take offense to it.  And believe me, I would get cranky after a while too. I know it's a pain to bust ass all day ROing, only to have to have someone tape unscored targets and you have to keep reshooting folks.  I appreciate your effort.   I just was standing on the other side because of the stage layout and it was kind of awkward for everyone to climb the berm single file around walls.  Kind of felt like baby ducks following momma.he
Thanks again for making it happen.  For a match in it's infancy (I think this is only #3 nationwide since NRA started it), it really went well.

Craig
Springfield PD (retired)

Link Posted: 8/11/2008 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:

I'd never shot in a three gun match, and fell all over myself in the shotgun stage 5 (three failure to engages) and 1 in stage 7 (dumbass disease). Killed my scores.

Several of us went to the CMMG in June for the first time.  Awesome match and an unbelieveable prize table.  It's worth the entry and drive.  Lots of 200+ yard rifle shots but it's all reactive steel or flash targets.  No lolli-pop steel.   Some close rifle.  They had a 39 round shotgun only stage.  Talk about a hot shotgun !!!!!  And we got to shoot a SAW at some targets from a truck bed.  Sweeeeeet!

As for upcoming 3 gun matches within a couple hours of Springfield:

Sept 20
Twin Lakes Gun Club in Mountain Home Arkansas.  One day match. They put on a high round count and challenging match with a good prize table and very reasonable entry fee.  The rifle range got modified so there won't be long shots anymore (some cheer, some cry).  Most will be 50 yards and in.   No further match info yet but I will post it when I get it.   You can register and shoot the day of the match.  They are real easy to get along with.

October 25/26
Old Fort Gun Club in Ft Smith Arkansas. Usually a 2 day match but they shot it in one last year.   I haven't been to this before but plan on it this year.  Past responses have all been positive with great stages and prize table.  However, be prepared for possible 300 yard rifle shots here. Here is the link for this one.

http://ofgc.org/new/Multigun2008.html

November 1/2 or 8/9 (one day match but date TBD)
Still in the planning stages but it would be at COPS range near Rolla, MO.  Jim Shanahan (he shot the NRA match) is designing the match.  Jim likes to make things a bit complex (believe me we rag him every time about it too) by making you haul ammo, dead bodies, watch out for land mines, and other treachery. He is retired military so they are usually geared more towards something from a 3rd world country and not the Ghetto.   But it will be interesting and challenging.  And always fun.
I will post info on this one when I get it.

Those are the ones I know about so far.

Craig
Springfield PD (retired)
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Several of us went to the CMMG in June for the first time.  Awesome match and an unbelieveable prize table.  It's worth the entry and drive.  Lots of 200+ yard rifle shots but it's all reactive steel or flash targets.  No lolli-pop steel.   Some close rifle.  They had a 39 round shotgun only stage.  Talk about a hot shotgun !!!!!  And we got to shoot a SAW at some targets from a truck bed.  Sweeeeeet!

As for upcoming 3 gun matches within a couple hours of Springfield:

Sept 20
Twin Lakes Gun Club in Mountain Home Arkansas.  One day match. They put on a high round count and challenging match with a good prize table and very reasonable entry fee.  The rifle range got modified so there won't be long shots anymore (some cheer, some cry).  Most will be 50 yards and in.   No further match info yet but I will post it when I get it.   You can register and shoot the day of the match.  They are real easy to get along with.

October 25/26
Old Fort Gun Club in Ft Smith Arkansas. Usually a 2 day match but they shot it in one last year.   I haven't been to this before but plan on it this year.  Past responses have all been positive with great stages and prize table.  However, be prepared for possible 300 yard rifle shots here. Here is the link for this one.

http://ofgc.org/new/Multigun2008.html

November 1/2 or 8/9 (one day match but date TBD)
Still in the planning stages but it would be at COPS range near Rolla, MO.  Jim Shanahan (he shot the NRA match) is designing the match.  Jim likes to make things a bit complex (believe me we rag him every time about it too) by making you haul ammo, dead bodies, watch out for land mines, and other treachery. He is retired military so they are usually geared more towards something from a 3rd world country and not the Ghetto.   But it will be interesting and challenging.  And always fun.
I will post info on this one when I get it.

Those are the ones I know about so far.

Craig
Springfield PD (retired)

This an everybody match or an LEO match?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
LEO/Police/Invitation Match Only
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ya got me all excited, the lack of local three gun comps is taking a toll

PS; what's with all the low-rider drop legs?

Polytech
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]
The pics are from our military group that went.
Most of us shot in the tactical division, which allows use of drop leg holsters.

Only one of us had shot a 3gun before and we knew little to nothing of what to expect.

We faired well though, and had a blast shooting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#19]
They do have other matches from what I here.

You'll notice some of us were using our duty rifles, while others were using their tricked our carbines and such.  Not to mention most of us also shot our Berretas (double action first shots).  For the most part we wore only our issued gear.

Though I've never been to one.

I look forward to visiting BearCreek again soon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#20]
What the hell Bruce. No pics of stage 1 in the rain??? Nice pics. Had a blast. We need to plan on traveling to a couple more of these if we can get the SGM to foot the bill.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry dude.  Too much rain for the camera, need to get a waterproof one.

Points only is great though too.  I don't mind shooting so long as the entry fee isn't too steep.  And...  The prize table is rich At least on orders we can use GSE vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Craig,

It was great to meet you and you are a great shooter.  I definitely learned from watching you on how this game works.  I would be interested in other 3 gun matches as you find out about them I think I caught the bug.  Great job on the course and congrats on the pistol.  Again a big thank you to all the RO's
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#23]
PolyTech-

The three I listed are for everyone.  There will be several LE and Military guys there but anyone can play.

Craig
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Will they let military into the November 3-gun?
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:44:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Great pictures. Thanks for posting those.

I second what ABN-RGR said. We need to make a group appearance at more of these.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weve been invited by Jim Shanahan.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Absolutely.  It's open to everyone be it LE, Military, or civilian.
As I said, Jim Shanahan is working on this one.  He can be contacted
at this address:

http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
PolyTech-

The three I listed are for everyone.  There will be several LE and Military guys there but anyone can play.

Craig

That makes my freakin day!    and believe me its not been a fun afternoon.

Polytech
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
That is cool.

I can bring some non-LE/Mil friends to those kinds of shoots.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Great I've got some more people who are wanting to give this a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top