Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 5:25:18 PM EDT
I had heard a rumor that Green Valley Rifle and Pistol Club near Columbia was putting in a 600 yard range with pits.  Anyone no if this is true?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, our latest newsletter said that a 600 yard range was in the works for this spring.  I'll have to check on the details and get back to you here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
WooHoo!  It ain't a 1000, but I'll take it!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm limited to 300 here...can't wait to finally get to shoot at 600

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Bucksnort in Marshall and Benchrest in Wright City both have 600 yard ranges, and an active highpower match schedule.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The only problem with the GV 600 yd range: it may have to face south.

I dont know about the Bucksnort's range, but the Benchrest's range faces to the north, which is the best direction for high power range in this part of the hemisphere.  With the south facing range, you will be shooting with the sun in front of you. For right hand shooter, shooting in late afternoon is even worse, as your right eye will be exposed to direct sunlight coming from the side.  With the north-bound range, the position of the sun is slightly behind the shooter so glare is minimum and the targets will be adequately lit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, Mousegun!  Did you have to piss on the parade?

I'm from Chicago:  I'm glad I have ANYWHERE to shoot!!

Thanks for the info, partner.  I learn something new everyday here at ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Green Valley did try to find a property that permits the range to face north.  But it is hard to do since there is a town just a few miles north of their facility. If you have shot at a north-bound facility (Benchrest is a good example) then you would not want to shoot facing any other direction if you can.  Of course, the only public range I have access to around here is the Finger Lake range and it faces to the south ..... but it is free, while at GV you have to pay membership fee.

Kpel308, "onshe you have the shun schining on your fashe, you know that the range musht be fashing the direcshion other than the northsh" ... (in my best Dutch accent) ... LOL ..
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]
We also shoot a 100 yard reduced course at Busch Wildlife area - this range also faces south, so just as we get the match rolling, you get the sun coming right across the top of the berm.  Fortunately, the matches are short since only one relay is shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top