Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:09:28 PM EDT
I'm a little early, but I'll be in bed before too long and won't have time to post this tomorrow. April 19, (1775) the real Patriots Day. This date marks the beginning of the American Revolution. IMHO, this day should be celebrated as vigorously as Independence Day. Unfortunately, the significance of the date seems to have gotten lost in most recounts of history. This is my little acknowledgement of the courage and sacrifices of our forefathers. God Bless them and all the Patriots that have followed them!

Rick
SGF, Mo.

The Shot Heard Around The World
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
God Bless America.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
And may we remember what the catalyst was for armed resistance.  We had demonstrated peacefully and had tried to work within the system to the best of our ability for years, but when the redcoats marched to two small towns in search of firearms to confiscate, all that went out the window and the only thing left to do was shoot 'em, shoot 'em, shoot 'em, until they stopped coming.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent post Rick!

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Roger that.
The winers in the editorial section of today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch don't want to think about armed citizens lest remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top