Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 6:10:43 AM EDT
Six months ago, I blew off an admin retreat at work to be able to attend the MODCC shoot, but came down with a 101+ fever and was unable to make it.  Three months ago, the ice storm hit, I had no power and couldn't get out of my iced over subdivision, and missed that shoot as well.  

Here I am now, and it's predicted that there will be an 100% chance of heavy thundershowers in the Wrath of God class at the shoot tomorrow.  My buddy Ben twisted his ankle and likely wouldn't be able to go anyway, and not even Erik wants to go and get soaked in the perfect storm that's supposedly going to drench the mid-west tomorrow.  

Well, here's hoping I can appease the shooting gods before May or June or whenever the next shoot is.  Hope to see you all at that one.  (It will likely have been a full year since my last MODCC shoot by that time!)

So, let me be the first to ask, when's the next MODCC shoot after tomorrow?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a sad story.  But apparently I missed the reason that you'd be unable to attend?  Is it the rain?  Because my freinds always say that "shit don't melt in the rain".  

I tell 'em "yeah, but it runs".
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its just water!  

Tell that to Erik, he doesn't want to get his guns wet and be knee deep in mud.

Will the shoot still go on if there is lightning?  No matter how much the die hard shooters may want to shoot in rain or shine, I would think CMMG/FFEGR might want to limit their potential liability regarding lightning strikes.  (Although an actuarial analysis would probably find the risk due to lightning standing right next to a 30 steel pole to be less than the risk due to all the full auto shooting and running and shooting.)

Yes, I could still go, but all the people I go with aren't going, and I don't really have any footwear that's good for heavy mud, which puts me over the edge of not going.  I really, really want to go, but it will be nice to just relax tomorrow- the brilliant Daylight Savings extension by our government is just a nightmare for anyone in IT right now, and I'm getting burned out by work. (But I would still go to MODCC in a flash if it was only going to be a light rain/ scattered showers.)

Woe is me, at least I know there's a hell of a lot of people with far bigger problems than mine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Woe is me, at least I know there's a hell of a lot of people with far bigger problems than mine.

Well you'll be happy to know that my case of athlete's foot is clearing up nicely.    It's amazing what better socks can do for a guy.  Warmth AND no fungus growth!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm starting to re-think whether or not I want to brave the predicted thunderstorms for tomorrow's shoot too, but I'll probably go ahead and drive out there anyway.  I might be leaving early if it's pouring though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#6]
OH come on GUYS!!!!!!!! Its rain clean your gun good, man up and get some good practice in what might be realistic conditions!!!!!!!!  MAN UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Screw the weather. Me and some other Army guys will be there in uniform. Im sure it will be a wet weather uniform. Looking forward to it........
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Alas, but I have to put my two bits in here also. If it was just the rain I would be there but driving 130+ miles each way with alledged thunderstorms in between, well, I am not as young as I used to be. Not only that but my free time is almost non-existant now days and so I believe it is best for me to stay home and get some chores done.
Sorry fellers, I wish I would be there but I am going to miss this one too.
Damn.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm starting to re-think whether or not I want to brave the predicted thunderstorms for tomorrow's shoot too, but I'll probably go ahead and drive out there anyway.  I might be leaving early if it's pouring though.

I didn't realize you were still going without Erik, Nick.  Now I'm not sure what I am going to do........
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I just went out and got a spiffy new water proof jacket
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)

WATER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Product Identification
Synonyms: Hydrogen oxide; Dihydrogen oxide; Distilled water
CAS No.: 7732-18-5
Molecular Weight: 18.02
Chemical Formula: H2O
Product Codes:
J.T. Baker: 4022, 4201, 4212, 4216, 4218, 4219, 4221, 6906, 9823, 9831
Mallinckrodt: 6795, H453, V564
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Composition/Information on Ingredients
 Ingredient                                CAS No         Percent        Hazardous                                  
 ---------------------------------------   ------------   ------------   ---------  
 Water                                     7732-18-5          100%          No                                                                  
3. Hazards Identification
Emergency Overview
--------------------------
Not applicable.
SAF-T-DATA(tm) Ratings (Provided here for your convenience)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Health Rating: 0 - None
Flammability Rating: 0 - None
Reactivity Rating: 1 - Slight
Contact Rating: 0 - None
Lab Protective Equip: GOGGLES; LAB COAT
Storage Color Code: Green (General Storage)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------
Water is non-hazardous.
Inhalation:
Not applicable.
Ingestion:
Not applicable.
Skin Contact:
Not applicable.
Eye Contact:
Not applicable.
Chronic Exposure:
Not applicable.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Not applicable.
4. First Aid Measures
Inhalation:
Not applicable.
Ingestion:
Not applicable.
Skin Contact:
Not applicable.
Eye Contact:
Not applicable.
5. Fire Fighting Measures
Fire:
Not applicable.
Explosion:
Not applicable.
Fire Extinguishing Media:
Use extinguishing media appropriate for surrounding fire.
Special Information:
In the event of a fire, wear full protective clothing and NIOSH-approved self-contained breathing apparatus with full facepiece operated in the pressure demand or other positive pressure mode.
6. Accidental Release Measures
Non-hazardous material. Clean up of spills requires no special equipment or procedures.
7. Handling and Storage
Keep container tightly closed. Suitable for any general chemical storage area. Protect from freezing. Water is considered a non-regulated product, but may react vigorously with some specific materials. Avoid contact with all materials until investigation shows substance is compatible.
8. Exposure Controls/Personal Protection
Airborne Exposure Limits:
Not applicable.
Ventilation System:
Not applicable.
Personal Respirators (NIOSH Approved):
Not applicable.
Skin Protection:
None required.
Eye Protection:
None required.
9. Physical and Chemical Properties
Appearance:
Clear, colorless liquid.
Odor:
Odorless.
Solubility:
Complete (100%)
Specific Gravity:
pH:
% Volatiles by volume @ 21C (70F):
Boiling Point:
100C (212F)
Melting Point:
0C (32F)
Vapor Density (Air=1):
Not applicable.
Vapor Pressure (mm Hg):
17.5 @ 20C (68F)
Evaporation Rate (BuAc=1):
No information found.
10. Stability and Reactivity
Stability:
Stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage.
Hazardous Decomposition Products:
Not applicable.
Hazardous Polymerization:
Will not occur.
Incompatibilities:
Strong reducing agents, acid chlorides, phosphorus trichloride, phosphorus pentachloride, phosphorus oxychloride.
Conditions to Avoid:
No information found.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a little Dihydrous Monoxide....

Very little chance of Contamination... but there is a chance....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#16]
shooting in the rain is ALWAYS a good time!

i've never shot in the rain, and then afterwards said, "damn, wish i hadn't done that!".

wish i could be there tomorrow myself guys, but alas the gods have stricken me with an affliction, and as such i can't make it either.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#17]
gee whiz paw, I dont know about this
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe ABN-RGR was right about you.........
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#19]
why you silver tongued devil....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#20]
cav99 I wish you would be there to throat punch me if I started carrying on like a girl tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
cav99 I wish you would be there to throat punch me if I started carrying on like a girl tomorrow

somehow I doubt that happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top