Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 2:29:38 PM EDT
linky

edited to add, I can't believe that worked!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Awsome bud. Wish i had known, could of lended a hand, course looks like you all are knocking it out pretty quick as it is. What kind of sheet rock are you gonna use? The fire resistant stuff or regular?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Very impressive Bob. Looks like one heck of a good project.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hadn't really thought about it.  It may end up being OSB so dad can hang tools and such wherever he wants.  Thanks for the thought of help.  I had Amanda and Curtis for cheap labor so it worked out OK.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like that Bob.  Looks great.  Your dad needs to keep that FN safe!!!  
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about slatwall?  

I can't believe some of the fools on GD.  Good job not even responding and greater job on the build.

Jeff

Now i gotta go see what the folks who ride the samll buss are saying, i swear that all the retards hang out there just to post negative comments about anything someone is doing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
that is awesome, it'll be cool to see it all finished out
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I hate envy you guys more than I did
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Well _that_ ought to keep the mice out!  

Nice job.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How about slatwall?  

I can't believe some of the fools on GD.  Good job not even responding and greater job on the build.

Jeff

Slatwall looks pretty cool, but we're doing this on the cheap, so it will have shelf standards and pegboard much like my vault.

I don't think anyone in GD is being negative, they're just having some fun with the disclaimers I put in the start of my thread.

I will start with a few disclamers for the Arfcom nay-sayers. Yes, I know this is not as secure as a vault. Yes, I know a team of Ninja Safe Crackers could cut their way in. Yes, I know it is not fireproof. That is why there is a vault inside the safe room. The class 3 items and the higher dollar stuff go in the vault when dad is away from home. That being said, it will keep out the local tweekers and the casual thieves. Now, on with the thread.    
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#11]
looks nice
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a side note you might be able to find cheap slatwall if you hear of any local retail businesses moving or closing shop.  I've gotten some that way before free/almost free for my in-laws.

Justin W.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Heh, I didn't even notice you were in MO!  Good job on that safe room.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#14]
That is a great project and the last pics are realy cool.  I have been taping off measuring, ploting, and planning a secure room in my basement.  I know you mentioned that you have a concrete room in your basement.  Do you have any pics of it or details.  Did you do that one to or was it poured as part of the foundation when the home was built.  Also, on your dads, who did the fabrication on the pannels and I was wondering about how much it cost per pannel.  Again great job.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That is a great project and the last pics are realy cool.  I have been taping off measuring, ploting, and planning a secure room in my basement.  I know you mentioned that you have a concrete room in your basement.  Do you have any pics of it or details.  Did you do that one to or was it poured as part of the foundation when the home was built.  Also, on your dads, who did the fabrication on the pannels and I was wondering about how much it cost per pannel.  Again great job.

My room at home was poured as part of the foundation when the house was built.  The fabrication on dad's panels was done by Holden Fabrication in Montgomery City.  The steel and fabrication was $1350 total.  The door came from Smith Security in Ohio, it was $1450 if I remember correctly.  There are some pictures of my vault in this thread.

linky

about halfway down the page
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, very nicely done on both the vaults. Contents and the structures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top