Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 7:23:03 PM EDT
I am needing some asistance in getting a Holo sight to work in a carry handle. I am posting here in hope that the men of CMMG will see this topic and have ran into this problem before.

Check out the topic here Help

Guess it should be stated "Holo sight on carry handle"
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Duke is Correct, and the danged things work better out there in front anyway
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the height above the bore. I had even considered trying to mount the holo sight on the hand guard rails with a riser to get it to line up with the iron sights. But was wondering how far forward a red dot type of sight can actually be mounted before you loose accuracy. Looks like the adapter you posted will do the same thing. will get the adapter ordered asap.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
lol that is about as far forward as it gets. Once I get the adapter I will play with moving it as far forward as I can and see how I like it.
First time mounting optics on a carry handle and was getting real confused. I had the Holo sight on a 9mm carbine and it was dead on 25 -100 yards, but it was a flat top. Plus had it on my ar10 for awhile just to play with and no probs there.
Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Duke and company have the right idea.  I thought I could compensate for mounting my holo up on the carry handle... well in the last match I was nailing the shots at 100 yards ran up to 25 and figured I'm just gonna single shot A zone each target... well it was about 8 inches low, which put me about 2 inches below the A zone on EVERY target.  I think there were 16 so um... yeah don't forget that change :(

Big +1 for a scout type of configuration.

Justin
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:19:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But was wondering how far forward a red dot type of sight can actually be mounted before you loose accuracy...

Mine's up here, there are actually some advantages to doing it this way

And those are?????
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:20:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I done got me a gen-u-ine Navy SEAL SKS to test fire.  

They've got a Navy over there in SKS-land??  Is it 2/3rds scale like their soldiers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top