Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 4:22:44 AM EDT
Will try to take a few pictures.  It is supposedly newly remodeled.

I'll be wearing a black Comp Tac hat and shooting a Mosin M38.  Just follow the flames.

Probably get out there between 0930 and 1030 (gotta find the darn place).
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Just took a couple of pictures.  The Sugar Creek conservation range was very nice - clean and well maintained.  THey had 12 stations IIRC, 4 100 yd, 4 - 50 yd, and 4 - 25 yd.  We were the only ones out there for awhile, then a fella with a muzzleloader came.

We started on the 100yd range so I could check my hunting rifle and my new Mosin M38.

The Winchester performed just fine, so its ready to go for deer season.  The M38 wouldn't fully seat a cartridge - the bolt would only turn about 1/2 way down and no more.

I took out the round, and visually inspected the chamber for burrs, dirt, cosmo, etc and see nothing...   I was trying to shoot some Igman 150 gr 7.62x54r soft tip hunting ammo.  Gonna pull out some of my surplus ammo and see if it does the same thing.  Really should have done so before leaving home...

Next we pulled out the single shot .22lr rifle and my son got some training in safety and then fired a couple of shots.  He's still not fully grasping the whole "sight picture" concept, but he just enjoyed being along and I thought it'd be good  for him.

We then policed up our brass and targets and moved to the 25 yard range to fire the .22 some more.  He hit the paper this time.

Finished up running a couple of mags through my P229.  That thing is the Cadillac of handguns, truly... so smooth and never a hiccup.

That's my AAR of sorts.  Still waiting to meet some of you.  I know you all get together at CMMG quite often but that's mostly on weekends when I work...

Also... on the way back to Brookfield, we stopped at the Atlanta conservation range.  Beautiful area.  Very secluded.  Only two benches and only a 100yd range (that I was able to find).
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
i agree with Mike on the ammo, i have one rifle that just is reall ammo crazy its one of the aztec rewroks and i think its to the way the hot blued them its just a tight chamber they headspace fine.  but it just hates some ammo. like the slive tip it hates it but the ap it will do fine but the 91/30, m44,m59, m39, 91 dagroon they dont have problems its just one m38 i have another m38 that is fine with it. i would bet ammo.

Ronald
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top