Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2006 6:09:51 AM EDT
The following video poses the following question to both of our Senate candidates.

Do you believe, as the National Rifle Association argues, that possessing firearms is a human right, or should it be limited to the United States?

interface.audiovideoweb.com/lnk/il80win10138/NRA-Guns.wmv/play.asx

I don't know about you guys, but I see alot of terrorists at guns shows.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
WooHoo!!  We get to buy "Automatic Assault Weapons" with no liscences, fees or background checks!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it Christmas?  Maybe she is thinking of how things were when she was a kid... in 1932... yeah I'm sure thats it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that's it, let's all go to Sears and Roebuck or Western Auto and buy ourselves a Tommy gun!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
EXACTLY!  Now, we as a community are pretty educated on general gun laws, ownership, practices, etc.   Obviously she displays to us that she does'nt know shit.  And if she does'nt know shit about guns or gun laws, and she talks like she knows about it, what else does she not know shit about?

And I say this not about her inpaticular, but all politicians in general.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
EXACTLY!  Now, we as a community are pretty educated on general gun laws, ownership, practices, etc.   Obviously she displays to us that she does'nt know shit.  And if she does'nt know shit about guns or gun laws, and she talks like she knows about it, what else does she not know shit about?

And I say this not about her inpaticular, but all politicians in general.

+1

I just cant wait until the next gunshow so i can finally get my M16 i have dreaming about , hell the way she talks i wont even have to bother with 4473, gotta call Jeff n John and tell them to have it ready for me when i get there lol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow.....what an idiot!! Even besides the issue itself, look at the difference in their presentation. Talent shows much more composure!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys got it all wrong.  All she is saying is that if you are a terrorist you can buy full auto weapons!  Not us law abiding folks!  We still have to go through background checks and all the BS.  Man, terrorists get all the breaks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoa....did I hear Tallent right, he sees where there are times when gun restrictions and confiscation may be necessary in times of civil unrest?  Katrina/New Orleans....Jim, did you mean what you said......good grief even the NRA's A rated candidate failed to read the Federalists Papers and what the framers meant regarding the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#9]
What did he say about Militia? Do we still have the Second Amendment ?
I guess what we need is to have every candidate to pass a Constitution proficiency test before allowing them getting on a ballot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Whoa....did I hear Tallent right, he sees where there are times when gun restrictions and confiscation may be necessary in times of civil unrest?  Katrina/New Orleans....Jim, did you mean what you said......good grief even the NRA's A rated candidate failed to read the Federalists Papers and what the framers meant regarding the 2nd Amendment.

Yep, Talent's answers were even more troubling to me - because he's SUPPOSED to be the conservative choice.

Look at the feel good legislation he ram-rodded through the Leg (proudly patting himself on the back) putting freaking Sudafed behind locked cabinets.  

He essentially backed severely restricting access to the most commonly used cold symptom medicine in existance, solely because a few scumbags were making meth with it.

The next logical step is to severely restrict the RIGHT of law abiding citizens to access firearms, solely because a few scumbags are breaking the law (he basically endorsed the confiscations in New Orleans with that little statement).  

See his logic?  He's scary guys.  At least with McCaskill its obvious what you have.

With all that said, I still voted for the asshole (absentee).

The choices were: dumb or dumber...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
WooHoo!!  We get to buy "Automatic Assault Weapons" with no liscences, fees or background checks!!

Damm they were sold out of automatic assault weapons in Springfield this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top