Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 4:27:59 AM EDT
Ive just relocated to southern Missouri and I cant seem to get a straight answer on NFA possession here. I already had to sell my suppressors before I came into the state but I assume SBRs and full auto are legal? I had one class three dealer(out of state) tell me he thought only FFLs could have them. The Missouri Code seems clear as mud to me. Any Class III owners out there?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
you must have some form of FFL. C&R will work and you will be legal.  even thought there not c&R guns.

doesnt make since. but that is the way the law is.

Ronald

Edit:

im sure some one will correct me if i am wrong. its the main reason i dont own a SBR i dont want to have to keep my C&R forever.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
rmdye is correct. One must have an FFL to possess NFA weapons in Missouri. A C&R meets this requirement.

Possession of certain weapons in Missouri
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Everything is good to go with the exception of suppressors.

Jeff

We need to work on that some more.

anyways, what part of  southren Mo
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to MO.  Hope you can make it to one of the CMMG shoots.

The NFA shooters in MO keeps growing.  Hope to see you at one of the shoots.  The OFAST shoot just across the border in OK is a blast in June if you can make it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I already had to sell my suppressors before I came into the state...

Hmmm.  That's a bummer.  Resale value on silencers stinks.  I just moved away from MO.  I didn't get rid of my cans when I moved there, though.  They just had to live in another state.  So I didn't get to play with them very often.  That's better than getting rid of them outright.  It's not like they cost anything extra once I have them.

Originally Posted By Brother Kane:
One must have an FFL to possess NFA weapons in Missouri. A C&R meets this requirement.

Oddly, the exception to this is that C&R NFA stuff requires no FFL of any kind.

Originally Posted By Brother Kane:
its the main reason i dont own a SBR i dont want to have to keep my C&R forever.

Sorry, but that's just silly.  It's not a financial burden.  It doesn't require any strenuous paperwork.  Really, what's the issue?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help. I am near Mountain Grove, about an hour East of Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#10]
No who is he?  My email is [email protected].  I had halfway planned on getting an FFL anyway. Ive got a nice FN FNC Id like to convert.....

I thought about parking the suppressors in a safe deposit box over in Arkansas but  I did have a willing local buyer in Montana so it worked out. I hated to see that go though. Im a retired military officer and am 80 percent VA disabled due to injuries to my head, which took away alot of my hearing. The suppressors were really a good thing for me. We had owned a place down in the Ozarks before, but I had forgotten that Missouri gun laws are a good bit stricter than what I was used to in Montana(basically no laws at all...). Well at least there is CCW now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top