Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:03:21 PM EDT
I ended up with 4 Full-size Pepper Poppers, and 6 six-inch steel plates.

A guy I know was getting ready to hit them with a torch, and sell them for scrap! Ack! He had no idea what they were, or what they sell for. I forked-over the cash loaded them up, and brought them home. We both left happy.

Got 3 repainted, one to go.

Luck. All luck...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a nice deal to me. Obviously they are targets but what do they do when hit???fall or fall then replace them selves. also will regular 556 or 308 penetrate it???
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They are Pepper Poppers- they fall when hit. Or, you can turn them around, and they don't fall but just clang when hit. They are not auto resetting.

The brief looking I did in the net shows the avg. price was around $200 each.

They are not thick enough for me to try a rifle round on. They have been obviously used with buckshot, with no effect. I plan on using these exclusively for handgunning.

The plates have nice flat bases. I should be able to make a sawhorse-type stand for them pretty easy. They seem thicker and more dense. I may blast them with the AR just to see what happens!  

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
What a deal, Scott. You might need some help breakin' em in

Rick
SGF, Mo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You lucky dog!h.gif
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm almost positive you'll have a nice little hole in those if you shoot them with .223 or .308   My pop has some steel shilloette (sp.) targets a  chick, pig, ram, turkey that we shot as kids they were steel and an errant 7.62 * 39 round punched a hole in one of them.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#7]
With all the dents & dings they look like pistol steel to me.  Try a rifle on 'em if you want, but I'm betting then you'd get to practice welding up holes.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The one's I have brought out to shoot are 1/4" steel plate and are shptgun/pistol cal ONLY. We have had one hit by mistake with a .223 and its got quite a crater in it. Would hate to see .308 hammer it. Great price you found though. Those should hold up for years if you take care of them. Only expense will be how much white paint you can go through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top