Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 4:07:50 PM EDT
Joe, a one-eyed Army vet of the Pacific campaign, was found murdered 3/4.  The 81-one-year-old was found shot to death in his driveway and his house ransacked and many antique weapons and various other arms were taken.  As I understand, there are about 12 agencies working on this crime.  Joe was the long-time owner of the mail-order company House of Swords out of Independence, MO.  For many years he was a frequent participant in KC area gun shows.  His area of expertise was Jap and Nazi edged weapons.

If anyone comes across information on the investigation, I would appreciate that you either post it or IM me.  

Joe was one of four brothers who served in WWII.  Only one of them is still alive.  Joe was my uncle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your loss ... Sounds like Joe was definitely one of a kind.  I sincerely hope they catch his murderer(s).  Hopefully the authorities have serial numbers for the stolen weapons so that they can catch a possible lead that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top