Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 6:51:22 AM EDT
Anyone go shooting this weekend?  I went over to Crossfire in Claycomo and joined their range membership since it was raining.  I then proceeded to put about 150 rounds through my CZ 52.  Not the most accurate pistol but was fun blasting away.  They seem pretty nice over there and have bowling pin matches Thursday evenings.  Anyway hope you guys got some range time in too.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, went and took my 8 hour CCW class on Saturday.

I swear it has NEVER taken me so long to put 100 rounds downrange (8 hrs).  

What was disconcerting however, was that I was a hell of a lot more accurate with the rented 38 special revolver than I was with my own new pistol.  

Methinks I need a LOT more practice and/or training course to really get my mechanics down right.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Its that CZ52 I picked up a few weeks ago.  I got a deal on 1500 rnds of Czech surplus ammo for it so its cheap thrills.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What pistol Justin?

My new XD 45acp.

Just so everyone knows, it ain't the pistol.  Don't want you guys to think I'm knocking this thing, it's awesome.  I just don't have near the experience with pistols that I do with long guns.  

Sometimes I can drill out the X and sometimes I'm out in the 9 Ring.  Just poor grouping at this point.  I'm confident that if I am doing my part, the gun will do it's part.  

In other words, I need to get with someone that is really a stickler for technique that can tell me what my weaknesses are so that I can work on them and become consistant.  I know the best way to get better is to send more lead downrange, I've just never had much instruction.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its that CZ52 I picked up a few weeks ago.  I got a deal on 1500 rnds of Czech surplus ammo for it so its cheap thrills.

Didn't know if Mike was talking to you or me.  So I answered too.

Justin S  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Justin, didn't they give any technique tips in your CCW class. I know when i had mine that was the one thing i actually felt the class was good for, my shooting improved a great deal after the class.

And ya better not be knocking that fine fine pistol
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
ROFL!  Justin W. here.  You like the XD?  Thinking of getting one too, probably a 9 or a .357 sig... I'd like to shoot a 357 sig though before I buy one.

J.W.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In other words, I need to get with someone that is really a stickler for technique that can tell me what my weaknesses are so that I can work on them and become consistant.  I know the best way to get better is to send more lead downrange, I've just never had much instruction.

Well then we need to get together to do some shooting.  
I'll give you a call.

Sapper,
as far as the instructor showing technique, yes he went over it briefly and demonstrated the different stances but that is different than someone standing there with you letting you know, "Hey dumbass how do you ever expect to have consistant shots if you keep doing blah blah blah"

Speaking of practicing and technique, did anybody else see that vid in General Discussion about some guys buddy owning a burglar?  Link  This guy was definitely prepared.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Speaking of practicing and technique, did anybody else see that vid in General Discussion about some guys buddy owning a burglar?  Link  This guy was definitely prepared.

Like I said in that thread....  I can only hope if the time comes I have the collected, cool headed, accurate ability that dude had.  He went from sheep to wolf in 0.3 seconds and owned the day.  I really need to take some pistol training because I do not feel near as confident with it as I do my rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#13]
A buddy of mine and myself will be heading to Bush wildlife in the morning to zero his new AR we built, thanks to CMMG and then head up to Troy so we can blast for awhile. I'm planning on a good 3 hours of shooting at Troy, weather pending.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
A buddy of mine and myself will be heading to Bush wildlife in the morning to zero his new AR we built, thanks to CMMG and then head up to Troy so we can blast for awhile. I'm planning on a good 3 hours of shooting at Troy, weather pending.

Where at in Troy? My parents live out there. I was there from 1991 - 1993.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top