Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 2:44:48 AM EDT
I have found one issue I am going to take a stand on and fight it. Non violent of course...

I live next to a National Forrest called the Mark Twain National Forrest.
Then I read this in the local paper...
www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/08170698ABA7342486257111006BA7A6?OpenDocument

I am so mad I can't even speak!

Call me a tree hugger hippy, but there is no good that can come from this. I will not let them clear cut the land and sell the property for subdivisions and resorts...

I love the state of Missouri and the Mark Twain National Forrest.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
tree hugger hippy
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tree hugger hippy

+1

But I fully agree that this is another Idiot move by our government.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Reason #33459087 for purchasing own tract of land ...

My wife and I love to hike and camp.  I'd hate to get the government used to this type of solution for solving financial problems.  School funding is mis-managed in my own opinion anyway but that's the topic of another discussion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top