Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 6:21:25 PM EDT
For Valentine's day this year my wife and I decided to spend time with each other.  She went shooting with me this morning and I'm gonna go watch her in court (Clay Co. Prosecutor).  In starting I'd like to say DAMN it was cold and snowy and windy, even so a good day at the range.  She hadn't been shooting in a long time since her parents took her to an indoor pistol range growing up.  She shot a S&W Model 41 and a "Camp Gun" 22 revolver, liked em both but seemed to prefer the revolver.  Then she watched me shoot my 7mm Rem Mag and decided she'd pass on that one.  Once she got her hands on the AR she knew she had a winner.  I had set up some clay birds, milk jugs full of water and a few 20oz pepsi bottles for targets, she nailed a milk jug at 75 yards on her first shot (off hand mind you) and proceeded to take out a few claybirds on her first or second shot each time.  On that AR my Dad had mounted a BSA red dot that had batteries dying in light of the cold I decided not to replace it right then so she went to the BUIS and hit a pepsi bottle first try.  I was mighty proud.  :)  Still defrosting in the van on the way home she said she'd love to come out shooting again when it was warmer.  I think she realized why I'm always bugging out the the fields when I have a few hours free.  When we got home she took a special interest in the DPMS 20" SS AR-15, a long range shooter she may be.  :)

I was just awful excited and wanted to share that little slice of my life.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
a clay county prosecutor, I think there are a dozen of em.  She's on the child support docket right now.  She graduated law school last year.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey i live in Clay co. Where are these "fields" you mention???.....I only ask b/c ive been looking for ever, for a nice field where nobody would bother or call the police on me for shooting. Sounds like you guys had fun!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
heh good luck.  She worked there in the drug court before she passed the bar.  She wanted to work there after graduating but we didn't want to move and then Clay county had an opening first.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#7]
HAH Duke you think thats bad, the child support thing is like accounting for 3 year olds.  "Do I really have to pay this month?  Yes you have to pay.  Can I pay half? No you have to pay it all.  AWWW You're mean, I thought you were nice."  I kid you not.

AK4784 The field in question is a farm that belongs to a family friend.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't want it to be a public range ;)  He's actually had some people come out there and dump a TV then shoot it to hell.  :(

Justin
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Watman,

Sounds like a special lady and a nice Valentines day.  As Duke said, bring her out to the next CMMG shoot.  It would be good to have a few more women participating in the shoots.  I've been trying to get my wife to join me but she has been too busy.  I've got her talked into going to one of the shoots this year in Colorado with target out to 1 mile.  Should be fun with plenty of MG's, 50 BMG, 20mm, and a few cannons.  Now I just have to get her out to one of the CMMG shoots.

Duke,

Good luck with your interview.  Jackson Co will be a little closer for you but I think you are still going to wear that poor car of your's out.  Lee's summit would be closer but there may not be many openings.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top