Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:33:55 PM EDT
So who will be getting us hooked up here on thursday????   Huh?  Huh? Huh?
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=434694&page=1

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'll wait for the SCAR, but that's just my preference.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope this is a sign of Sig moving in a new direction.  They make a great gun but don't seem to want their NFA guns to get out to class III dealers, just LE.

I had the opportunity to shoot their 551 and 552 a couple years ago.  Talked to some local PD and worked out a demo and the required demo letter.  Placed an order with Sig and a month later they backed out of the deal.

This may be a good sign they are moving away from PC and will sell "black" rifles to the public rather than the pc "we only sell to LE" line of thinking.

FN seems to be leading the way in this new thinking while HK is moving the other direction.  What a shame.  I hope Sig is going to play catch up with FN.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I hope this is a sign of Sig moving in a new direction.  They make a great gun but don't seem to want their NFA guns to get out to class III dealers, just LE.

I had the opportunity to shoot their 551 and 552 a couple years ago.  Talked to some local PD and worked out a demo and the required demo letter.  Placed an order with Sig and a month later they backed out of the deal.

This may be a good sign they are moving away from PC and will sell "black" rifles to the public rather than the pc "we only sell to LE" line of thinking.

FN seems to be leading the way in this new thinking while HK is moving the other direction.  What a shame.  I hope Sig is going to play catch up with FN.

That's kind of a sucky story there.  Sounds like they don't want to let you guys try and sell 'em then I guess.

I'm hoping this lives up to the reputation of 551 / 552.  I'm impressed when any of these companies take the risk.  We all know that political winds can shift in a year or two, and new bans can come down the pipe.  It's a pretty big risk to start up a product line here with that looming over your head.  Thumbs up to FN for doing it, and if SIG follows, well.... my wallet's going to get lighter real sudden-like.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ITS A TAPCOIZED PLASTIC 55X IT MAKES ME WANT TO HURT BABIES, THEY RUINED IT.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I'll still be in the market for one if it performs.  I'll worry about the cometic issues I have with it later.

Yes, it's not pleasing to the eye as pictured here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of the dealers here planning to get one in to hold?   I'm not ready to purchase a new design without holding it and getting a feel for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Im just hoping that tommorow Sig will have some more a traditional 55X to show everyone along with this thing
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Im just hoping that tommorow Sig will have some more a traditional 55X to show everyone along with this thing

I'm not holding my breath.  I'm just fairly certain there is going to be plenty of accessories availible to get closer to the original looks.  Even if not... A better stock would fix my major complaint on the looks (next would be forearms) and it will still shoot like a SIG.  And.... well..... I want one cause I like guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top