Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 8:39:18 PM EDT
Just 63 days left till the home opener vs the Brewers, but I heard a rumor they were going to be late? Have you guys heard anything about it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard anything about it but I don't follow local news sources closely ... I just follow national news.  I can tell you that the crews are working their butts off because I work downtown and have been down there at night and the weekend.  They've come a long way.  A really long way.  I think they'll be on target.  Too much at stake.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I hope they get it done. I cant wait to go see some games there, but Ill sure miss the old Busch stadium; the building that made me fall in love with the magnificent game of baseball.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Springfield will play on it first.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't get more American than the game of baseball.  It's my favorite sport to watch next to football and football is a distant second.  Hope the Cardinals have a good year this year.  What a cool thing it is to be at the ball park on a warm summer night into the 10th inning of a game ...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
#5 George Brett
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can't get more American than the game of baseball.  It's my favorite sport to watch next to football and football is a distant second.  Hope the Cardinals have a good year this year.  What a cool thing it is to be at the ball park on a warm summer night into the 10th inning of a game ...

+1

I'm going to make myself a Dan Quisenberry jersey to wear to Royals games this year.  MLB won't let companies make them, even the "custom jersey" places, because of league rules, so I'm just going to do an iron-on facsimile.  

I don't care that the Royals are the worst team in baseball.  I grew up with them and I'll be a Royals fan as long as I exist and the team exists.

I agree with you on the Royals in the sense that they're due.  The Cardinals are my favorite team but I'd be almost as happy if the Royals had a good season too.  Maybe I'd start following them then too .  I just hope the Royals franchise stays around in KC long enough for them to have a good year.  KC is pretty much all about football it seems so it wouldn't surprise me based on what I know anyway to see KC fold it in.

I'm kinda glad Houston didn't win the series though.  Seems like Missouri is the state to live in if you like your sports teams to get to the finals and then give up:  Rams, Cardinals, Blues, Mizzou ...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Four days in October 2004 were the saddest days of my life.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
#5 George Brett

Heh, I saw that clip of George Brett charging the field after Billy Martin got the homerun he just hit ruled illeagal due to use of excessive pine tar .  I was too young to remember it so it was kinda cool to see the clip of the actual incident.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
#5 George Brett

Heh, I saw that clip of George Brett charging the field after Billy Martin got the homerun he just hit ruled illeagal due to use of excessive pine tar .  I was too young to remember it so it was kinda cool to see the clip of the actual incident.

Tar or not, Brett's in the hall and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]
It's time for an I-70 series again! I loved it, because it was 2 Missouri teams and it just pissed off the east and west coast baseball fans Can't have a World Series in fly-over county!!!!!!

Rick
SGF, Mo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump....

Im so excited!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
ESPN has a nice gallery of the new stadium up.  It uses Flash Macromedia and the load times are sorta long even on broadband, but the images are worth it.  Looks great!

sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=2403785

In other news, April 4 the Jackson County voters passed a proposition that will seriously rennovate Kauffman and Arrowhead stadiums (major rework, not a band-aid) and keep both teams here in KC for the next 25 years.  Hooray for KC doing the right thing and not being cheap-ass idiots for once!

Awesome thanks.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ESPN has a nice gallery of the new stadium up.  It uses Flash Macromedia and the load times are sorta long even on broadband, but the images are worth it.  Looks great!

sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=2403785

In other news, April 4 the Jackson County voters passed a proposition that will seriously rennovate Kauffman and Arrowhead stadiums (major rework, not a band-aid) and keep both teams here in KC for the next 25 years.  Hooray for KC doing the right thing and not being cheap-ass idiots for once!

i agree, great link. thanks bud those pics are nice.

i am afraid i am somewhat worried though. if they keep playing like there doing its going be a rough year. our closer just isn't closing.

Ronald
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

i agree, great link. thanks bud those pics are nice.

i am afraid i am somewhat worried though. if they keep playing like there doing its going be a rough year. our closer just isn't closing.

Ronald

I have maintained for the past couple of years now that Isringhausen is overrated.  His struggles come as no surprise to me.  For the money we're paying him though, he just has to be better.

I know it's still early, but so far, the rest of the bullpen isn't inspiring much confidence either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top