Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 4:50:00 AM EDT
I had a good day at the Range out by Concordia on Sunday.  I met up with -Duke-Nukem- for the first time.  I finally got to meet this guy.  We have always missed each other at the shoots, and played phone tag.  I wish I would of took more pics, but I forgot my camera, so I was useing a friends.  Funny I only got pics of her and myself?  My brother was there with his PTR, and it was a blast to shoot.  Duke had a small arsenal with him that just "Rocked"!  Duke I love that .308.  Maybe I'll have to get one after the AK build is done.  Then again, I like the "74" as well.  Dude if I hung out with you much I might just go broke.  Here is a couple of pics, just a few.

DPMS 308, or PTR 308?  They both shoot awesome, but which will I get?  First the Burris speed dot has to go.  It works, but I think I need an Eotech or a Aimpoint.  (ACOG would be nice)

Dukes Panther was dialed in.  In this shot I put one right in the center at a 100 yds.  Thanks for letting me shoot it Duke.

Next time I'll get more pics of the Gear, and the other people.   You guys should see what my brother has done with this PTR.  It looks sweet.  I hope he'll post a pic of it here soon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, before I met Duke, I hadn't fired a shot in nearly a decade, didn't really buy guns anymore, and had more than a dozen guns I'd never fired.  Now less than 2 years later, I have bought at least 9 guns since meeting him,  I buy ammo for my Bushmaster  M4Gery 2000 rounds at a time, and I get itchy if I don't get trigger time at least once a month.

I need to shoot that .308, but I'm afraid I'll want one, and then I'll want to buy an ACOG for it, and then........
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]

I need to shoot that .308, but I'm afraid I'll want one, and then I'll want to buy an ACOG for it, and then........

I did, I do, and I can't control myself much longer.  Somebody HELP!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks DBAR for the kudos on the PTR-91.  I had a great time.

Nice meeting you -Duke-Nukem-. I forgot to show you my .45. I did a KG coating on it. I'll have to let you see it next time. We talked about it on another thread.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, the good ole Concordia range.  Brings back fond memories.

Too bad Duke wasnt there when I was a Fighting Mule.  I'm sure I would have blown some GI bill cash at his place!

Maybe I'll make it to homecoming this year.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Too many pictures of guns and dudes, we need more pictures like that middle one up there, attractive women and guns :D
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Where is the gun range near Concordia?  I moved to the Odessa area a few months ago, but I have not noticed where this place is while on my travels.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn where are all of the people like you all when I go to the range, I met Duke there once. But every other time I go some F-ing retard is doing some stupid shit.

The last time I was there two men were shooting shotguns. The gentleman at the 100 yrd range wanted to go down to his target. After we all agreed it was clear about 2 minutes later one of the two guys with shotguns decides to chamber a round and point it down range at the 50 yrd target right when the other guy was walking back. I about had a heart attack thinking somethin really bad was going to happen. So I yelled at the guy to lower his weapon, and luckly he heard me. Everyone around was pretty confused. Luckly no one got hurt. Then they proceeded to go and blast some small trees around the area walking beyond the firing range.

P.S. Duke Thanks for spending so much time on my AK Muzzle break detent pin, I never imagined it would have been as difficult as it was to get out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW, Duke I'm just glad you're not pushing crack.  I'm sure I would have just bought some, as that logic makes perfect sense to me.  However my wife just told me that my life will just have to remain in Jepoardy.  hmmm... I wonder what that means.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You've got to keep your marksmanship skills up on those ya know, it could save your life one day.  Tell that to your wife, she'll let you get one I promise.  

I tried that one Duke... She didn't fall for it. I think it's because I consistently nail Marksmanship everytime I qualify. But I've been saving some $$, my next one will be a AR!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I am just as bad if not worse than Duke I have 7 ARs all different... and a slew of other guns...
Just a contagious disease you will begin buying more and more.... You won't be able to help it!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I would love to get some directions to the range in Concordia.  I have been there once a few years back, but someone else drove and I did not pay attention to where we were going.  I have been shooting at Lake City and am tired of waiting 3-5 seconds between shots.  Would love to do some rapid reflexive firing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I would love to get some directions to the range in Concordia.  I have been there once a few years back, but someone else drove and I did not pay attention to where we were going.  I have been shooting at Lake City and am tired of waiting 3-5 seconds between shots.  Would love to do some rapid reflexive firing.

From the North take I-70 to the Concordia Exit. Go south thru town on Hwy 23. About 5 miles south of town right as you start into the  "river bottoms" the range will be on the left.

From the south take Hwy 50 to Knob Noster 23hwy exit. Head north on 23 about (guessing) 10 miles or so and after you cross the bridge in the bottoms the range will be on the right as you start up the hill out of the bottoms.

I have always wanted to shoot there but always seem to  just head to the Golden Valley range as it is closer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
where is the golden valley range you speak of?  i live in Pleasant hill and am looking for somewhere else besides the lake city range nazis

Thanks,

Dan
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Dan-

The Golden Valley Range is 6 miles west of Clinton, (Henry County) on Hwy 18. The sign for the range will be on the left in the middle of a curve. T/l and get onto old 18 and head back east about a mile and range is on the right. It is an unmanned self policing range that has about 5 benches for 25, 50, and 100 yards. (5 benches each) . Benches are under shelters. It IS CLOSED EVERY WEDNESDAY for range maintenance... There is also a separate range for LEO use. I think it is 50 yard only. Also has a separate area for skeet shooting. I have never had any problems at this range except before and during deer season it gets pretty full.

BTW- from what I am told the LEO range is mainly used on Wednesdays when the range is closed to public.

Hope this helps. But there are no "Range Nazi's"  and no fee for using the range. Richy
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the info ritchy, i appreciate it
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#19]
holt3

Is the Golden Valley range open from sunrise to sunset, or do they have hours posted?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry so long replying, Yes. Dawn to Dusk every day but Wednesday. The Range is closed on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey all,

I'm always glad to see there are some shooters in my area. If i'm not out shooting at a friends property I'm usually at the Concordia range, though I haven't been in awhile due to work and school.

I'm new to the forums and the AR scene (saving money for my first build at the moment) as well as fairly new to firearms in general. Not to tell my whole life story but i'm 21 (22 in April) and just got my first gun (a ruger 10/22 for plinking - got a shotgun from my dad as well which i didnt know he had) about 2-3 years ago.

I know a lot of people get introduced to firearms at an earlier age but hey - you're never to old to appreciate firearms, plus I lived in CA until I was 12 which pretty much explains why I didn't fire a gun until i was probably 17 or 18 and had met up with a good group of friends who occasionally shot. Needless to say i've been hooked ever since.

Anyway I'd love to meet up with some other members sometime, I might hit up the Concordia range in early March when I have some free time (Spring Break). It's a fairly easy drive from Warrensburg (where i live) to the range, so perhaps we can all meet up sometime.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey all,

I'm always glad to see there are some shooters in my area. If i'm not out shooting at a friends property I'm usually at the Concordia range, though I haven't been in awhile due to work and school.

I'm new to the forums and the AR scene (saving money for my first build at the moment) as well as fairly new to firearms in general. Not to tell my whole life story but i'm 21 (22 in April) and just got my first gun (a ruger 10/22 for plinking - got a shotgun from my dad as well which i didnt know he had) about 2-3 years ago.

I know a lot of people get introduced to firearms at an earlier age but hey - you're never to old to appreciate firearms, plus I lived in CA until I was 12 which pretty much explains why I didn't fire a gun until i was probably 17 or 18 and had met up with a good group of friends who occasionally shot. Needless to say i've been hooked ever since.

Anyway I'd love to meet up with some other members sometime, I might hit up the Concordia range in early March when I have some free time (Spring Break). It's a fairly easy drive from Warrensburg (where i live) to the range, so perhaps we can all meet up sometime.

Whippersnappers! Someone ought to give this young'un a ride to a MoDCC shoot, let him try out something with a bit more bite than a 10/22 and a .38 special shotgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top