Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:48 PM EDT
i my self are looking for classes in the KC area but if you know of any throught MO please post, or additional info you may have on the on the place. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad teaches CCW classes in Kansas City.  Missouri Shooter.  He is currently a LEO for KCPD North Patrol.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Wargod.............. Comon guys severl months ago it seemed we had a small list of places
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
In the St. Louis area I recommend John Ross (www.John-Ross.net). Also I think Bullseye, Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club, On Target and most other fireamrs stores/ranges around here do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had several classes with Bill Regina.  He has opened a range in St. Joseph.  See the link.

http://www.totalrange.com/
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've had several classes with Bill Regina.  He has opened a range in St. Joseph.  See the link.

http://www.totalrange.com/

Had him as my CCW instructor.  I was very pleased with his course and his knowledge.  I'd love to get some additional training with him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
MSSU (Joplin) Police Acadamy puts on a very good class.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice........lets keep the list going, im making a list of as many CCW classes as i can then im sending through E-mail and letter, a copy of it to many of my friends and family throught MO. If later as this progresses you want a copy ill send them to whoever wants one. once again thank you all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Doug Alley at Ammo Alley, just north of the MO river and Jefferson City.  Has a gun shop and a new indoor range.

I've also heard Target Masters in Columbia (also with an indoor range)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Rick and Brian Sparks have a good class IMO. They are a bit North of Saint Joseph.

Brian Sparks Certified Firearms Training (816) 901-0195
Richard Sparks Jr. Certified Firearms Training (816) 369-2466
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Kirkwood Outfitters in st louis does them.  Real nice guy named dave. He's at Kirkwood Road (lindbergh) and manchester

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Not to blow my own horn, but I'm doing Mo. CCW classes at the Mid-West Firearms range in Dover Mo. which is north Of Hannibal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Beautiful!

I decided today that with part of my tax return Im getting CCW certified.

In the St. Louis area I recommend John Ross (www.John-Ross.net). Also I think Bullseye, Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club, On Target and most other fireamrs stores/ranges around here do.

Thanks for that piece of info GaryM, just what I needed!  Wouldnt happen to know if Carl Nassau does CCW?

If I may hijack a little here.  Could the St. Louis folks enlighten me on the intracasies of getting a CCW around here.  I live in O'Fallon, west St. Louis.

I know Ill have to have my pistola registered, which I think is $50.00; sign up for the class, but what are the fees for the classes, how long are the classes, what do they entail, and are there any other subsiquent fees?

Or, can someone point me to a resource that will explain everything?

Thanks in advance!

EDA:  Went to John Ross' site which covers a lot of what I wanted to know.  
But, is there anything else I should be aware of?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#13]
John Ross posts regularly on www.missouricarry.com if you want to talk with him.

There's also a guy posting as Nickoulas(sp) Nicholas on www.missouriwhitetails.com who gives the classes in the St. Charles area.

EDIT--Fixed spelling.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Several CCW instructors at the Benchrest Club in Wright City Mo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#15]
The Little Shop of Ordnance in the Joplin area has a ccw class, but I think Feb 21-22 was his last for a while, I've got a paper around with info somewhere.  Will add it later when I find it.

ETA: http://www.surgi.com/tlso.htm is his website.  Has classes up for March and April now.  Also had a piece in the Joplin Globe about gun safety where they quoted him today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I do occasional classes for groups of up to six.  I live in St. Louis County.  I am an NRA certified instructor and my CCW class syllabus has been accepted in every MO county where I've submitted it, including St. Louis.    If you are looking for instruction in St. Louis though, I'd ditto the recommendation to call John Ross.  You'll get to play with some full auto toys as part of his class.  That's a perk I can't offer.    YET!!!  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#17]
So besides MSSU, who else offers classes in SW MO?

ETA--thanks for pointing that out UberAlles.  I missed that somehow
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#18]
llanero, check my post up above, the guy there runs out of Carl Junction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top