Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 2:35:09 PM EDT
Larger size pics available. sorry for NO flying brass pictures

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent pictures Kamikaze, thanks! I had brought my camera but as usual I totally forgot about it and left it in the truck.
Now I know I saw a lot more cameras out there so let's see them everyone! (Ummm, did anyone get any picts/video of me and the thompson running the rifle course, I would love to see it)

I can't wait til next shoot.
BTW, The two fellers that came with me hadn't been to a MoDCC match before and they both loved it. Two more recruits, Yeah!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Great pics! And what are you talking about, plenty of flying brass pics............good work.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Another great event that Jeff put on!!!!!  The weather was great, met some new folks, visited with some old friends, and had a great time.  Even got a chance to let 3-4 people shoot their first MG.

Good Pictures!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like you guys all had a good time!  I'll have to try and make the next one.  Who has the 5.7 pistol?  And do you like it?

Justin
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Gary the pics of you and the thompson our on Johns camea Jeff has them i dont know when he will post i am going email the 40 i have on my camera to them so they can uploaded them to there server

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Videos

Me W/MP5SD
media.putfile.com/HPIM101248

Striker12
media.putfile.com/HPIM1018

And Jeff w/5.7 vs steel plate
media.putfile.com/HPIM1032
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the fun, always nice to be around fellow firearm addicts...sorry I had to cut out so early though...

Nice pics
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again CMMG for a good time as always! We had a lot of new people out there and a great day to be out!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:34:52 AM EDT
[#12]
MODCC and CMMG did a great job as always!  My daughter brought her boyfriend out for the first time and they had a great time.  She kicked his butt (and mine) running the pistol COF with the subgun!  He also shot his AR-15 built from a CMMG bare reciever that she bought him for Christmas.  If he's gonna date the daughter, he's gotta love the EBR!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Had a great time today.  Thanks to all who let me shoot their guns and film myself doing it.  When my article gets posted I'll link to it here.  

Thanks to Rmdye for my newest acquisition.  I can't wait to spend some quality time with it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/LR-308.jpg

Would that be the DPMS .308 M4?    Looks like it.  

Excuse me....... I need to go to the bathroom for a moment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]
yes it is a DPMS AP4.

and yes i am a wimp. i am glad Duke wanted it.  i do not like to be beat up....unless she is hot, then i will allow quite abit.  

i just liked my Fal better.  it didnt seem to kick that bad. i thought it was just to much of a gun for me. i guess i will stick with my 38 and 22.

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
yes it is a DPMS AP4.

and yes i am a wimp. i am glad Duke wanted it.  i do not like to be beat up....unless she is hot, then i will allow quite abit.  

i just liked my Fal better.  it didnt seem to kick that bad. i thought it was just to much of a gun for me. i guess i will stick with my 38 and 22.

Ronald

Well, it's probably good I wasn't at this one then.  I would have come home with a lighter wallet if Duke had not got there first.  My wife would have errupted into flame if I bought a rifle while trying to keep Christmas spending on budget this year.

Recoil is pretty harsh huh?  I'll throw a rubber butt pad on her if needs be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#16]
cant say on Recoil, i am Recoil wimp. the people Duke let shoot it dint think it was that bad. it was for me.  to me 20 rounds rapid fire was enough. i just didnt like the snapiness of it i guess. hard to say what it was about it i didnt like,  i just didnt.

i shoot very little of the stuff i own, so i just new Duke would like it better.

Ronald

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Recoil on the big AP4 seemed more than my FAL but less than my G3.  Nevertheless, its very light weight for a .308 so recoil is just going to be part of the package.  Gruntled, sometime you need to bring your DSA out and I'll bring this and my G3 and we'll compare some things.

Here's another shot of me from the side, with a casing just ejected and the rifle in full recoil.  As you can see, muzzle rise is minimal, recoil is pretty much straight back.  Didn't feel it much, but then again my tac vest has a nice thick pad right there and I was wearing two thick layers under it.  In a thin T-shirt it might bruise me.  If the light hits it just right, the anodizing on the forend looks a bit purple, I might refinish it sometime if it starts to bug me.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/LR-308side.jpg

Duke,

You're right.  I need to get out to another shoot but there is ALWAYS something going on for me on those weekends.  I'm hoping to carve out a weekend on the next one if there is enough time to do so when it's called.  If I do the DSA will be comming with me.

I thought it would feel a little sharper given the wieght the article listed for it.  About the only thing I've ever found harsh was a light-weight, pump, 30-06 and it's really not THAT bad just sharp.  Otherwise I can hack most guns recoil.  It doesn't look to mean from the photo you have there really.  I agree on the purplish handguards but really that's not a major concern to me.  Nice toy you just picked up there my man.

That's something I may have to pony up for after I get my M1 Garand this year.  It's just too damn sexy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Evil black guns!  I see EBR's everywhere.  Evil I say, Evil!

Sorry I couldn't make the shoot, it seems like there is always a conflict.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I got to shoot that Sweet DPMS AP4 rifle and the recoil was only a little more than than my AK. I was about to leave at the end of the day, but when the offer was made to shoot it I just HAD to. If someone thought the recoil from that AP4 was too harsh, they should never, Never, NEVER shoot any HK .308 with a retractable stock. I was amazed how fast I could rapid fire that AP4 and come back on target each time. Much more manageable than I am used to with .308   If Duke ever wants to part with it, I want it...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I got to shoot that Sweet DPMS AP4 rifle and the recoil was only a little more than than my AK. I was about to leave at the end of the day, but when the offer was made to shoot it I just HAD to. If someone thought the recoil from that AP4 was too harsh, they should never, Never, NEVER shoot any HK .308 with a retractable stock. I was amazed how fast I could rapid fire that AP4 and come back on target each time. Much more manageable than I am used to with .308   If Duke ever wants to part with it, I want it...

Get in line!!  I spoke up first damnit, It's mine!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I told him that at the shoot when it first came out... I asked nice and got to shoot it.. You must be in line behind me.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Calm down now you are both in line behind me.... Being his Business partner I knew of this purchase in advance... I also voiced my interest in this rifle...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Frankly, boys, I don't see Duke getting rid of this rifle any time soon anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#25]
when is your next official gathering???  I would like to attend.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah, its going to be worth alot of money after the Hillary Clinton Gun Ban of 2009.  

Never happen this country will not elect a Female president.... in 2008
Just leave it at the shop Duke I'll pick it up....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I told him that at the shoot when it first came out... I asked nice and got to shoot it.. You must be in line behind me.  

I didn't see it so it didn't happen.  

Ah well....  Next year maybe.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Where are the pics Ron took......
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#30]
It's events like these that make me hate working weekends?  I always miss stuff like this.

Maybe I'll burn a vacation day for the next one!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#31]
my stupidity, killed most of them.

Johns camera was to much for me. never was a very good photographer. so i must have killed it. the pics are to light. the color are washed out. my fault.  i should have checked some of them.
as you can see there pretty bad.

sorry guys, i truly am.

Ronald

then my FAV

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
64.184.32.112/cmmg_images/tbl_images/MODCC14Jan2006/100_0417.jpg

Damn.  

Damn damn damn damn damn.

Sigh... ok, just made a new year's resolution.  I need to lose about twenty pounds of excess Nukem  Bowles.

+1 right with ya Not playing football is killing me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Damn.  

Sigh... ok, just made a new year's resolution.  I need to lose about twenty pounds of excess Nukem.

Holy Crap! Look at that fat assed RO!........wait a minute?! THAT'S ME!!!! WTF?! they say the camera adds about 10 lbs! so where did the other 30 come from!?! Damn damn damn damn damn.
I need to lose some weight! It's amazing I could even move!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Damn.  

Sigh... ok, just made a new year's resolution.  I need to lose about twenty pounds of excess Nukem.

Just embrase the fatness!!  I gave up trying to look like I did in college again.  Now it's just a fight to keep from inflating past my current waist size.  I often wonder where the Bowling ball that entered my abdomen came from????  Then I remember.... thy name is Mexican food.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I only met a few of you about 13 months ago, just that one time. I went a different direction this past year. Shot only twice my then new AR-15. I can see from the last few post that I need to get out more and catch up with you guys. My kind of people whom can laugh at yourselfs. And I dont want to even compaire rear-ends.. ha ha   Looking forward to stepping out to the range more often this year. Now back to preparing those 1K pieces of mil crimped brass I bought a year ago.. LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn.  

64.184.32.112/cmmg_images/tbl_images/MODCC14Jan2006/6.jpg
Holy Crap! Look at that fat assed RO!........wait a minute?! THAT'S ME!!!! WTF?! they say the camera adds about 10 lbs! so where did the other 30 come from!?! Damn damn damn damn damn.
I need to lose some weight! It's amazing I could even move!

Maybe there's 3 other cameras pointed at you adding the other 30lbs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#39]
That's gotta be it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Ron, the pictures are great. Heck, I think I am going to make that one of me with the thompson my screen background. Thanks for taking them, it always give me a smile when I go back and see the things we get to do at the shoots.
Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Just curious if anyone has the list of scores and could post them. Wondered how poorly I did and what I need the most practice in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I fully understand... Is if friday yet ? ? ?  Thank god I am not on call this weekend. Pager was quiet last Sat for the shoot, but sunday and monday was another matter. My work was closed on monday but I logged 9 hours on the clock. No hurry on the scores Duke. I am gonna try some different HP rounds through the Sig into some wet phonebooks this weekend and see what gives me the best expansion/penetration combo. Have 9 different types and will try to get some pictures if I can recover the rounds. Heard if I used 3-5 wet phonebooks to shoot into that I could recover the rounds. I'll see..
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I fully understand... Is if friday yet ? ? ?  Thank god I am not on call this weekend. Pager was quiet last Sat for the shoot, but sunday and monday was another matter. My work was closed on monday but I logged 9 hours on the clock. No hurry on the scores Duke. I am gonna try some different HP rounds through the Sig into some wet phonebooks this weekend and see what gives me the best expansion/penetration combo. Have 9 different types and will try to get some pictures if I can recover the rounds. Heard if I used 3-5 wet phonebooks to shoot into that I could recover the rounds. I'll see..

I'd be REAL curious to see the differnece in the various loads that barrel length makes if you have something with a 3.5" or less barrel to compare to something with a 4" or longer barrel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#45]

I missed all this!

I was flying Kites abroad instead ...about  7000 miles away!  It was great but  Missed all the fun

Great Pics to "rub it in"  Thanks

NJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top