Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:17:42 PM EDT
I would like to inform you on a new upcoming class that I have scheduled for the 28th January 2006. It is a CCW Condition Readiness class which will be a full day of shooting and learning. It is geared towards the more serious and responsible shooter who carries a sidearm on a daily basis and wants to train for the unknown. We pray everyday that we will not have to use it but when the time comes, that we are prepared mentally and physically in case it does. You must have at least a CCW permit and have attended a basic handgun school - level 1, to participate in this class. Proof of both must be provided before attending. If you are unsure, please ask first to avoid any embarrassments.

The class will be held at the Pigeon Hill Shooting Range - (LE range) on the 28th January and will start at 8:30am until 5pm. Tuition for this class is $125 with a $65 deposit to secure your place.

This class will consist of the following teaching:

Bullet placement and multiple shots
Mindset and target identification
Drawing and shooting from concealment (clothing, not structures)
Reloading from concealment (clothing, not structures)
Protecting your partner (Basic Executive Protection drills)
Engaging the threat with obstacles (Street survival drills)
Engaging multiple threats / multiple targets
Shooting in confined spacers - vehicles
Open to questions and drills (If there is something that you would like to do or learn)
Weapon retention and take aways - (Demonstration only)

Equipment needed:

Handgun - One you carry daily
Spare magazines - at least 3 or whatever you carry daily
Vest or Jacket - 511 vest works well or any daily jacket
Shooting classes - impact resistant
Ear plugs or muffs
CCW holster - decent one please
Spare mag pouch - even if you don't carry one, bring one
Ammunition - Handgun x 500 minimum
Range chair
Cap
Vehicle - Students will be required to use their own vehicle for this drill
Lunch and Beverages - You will get a lunchbreak to leave or eat at the range. (Water will be provided)

Payment details: Please email for mailing details or Paypal information when wanting to book for the class.

I will be only taking a maximum of 14 students so please get back to me as soon as possible with confirmed commitment and deposits. I have 2 confirmed already. I look forward to having new responsible shooters in the class and please feel free to contact me for more information at [email protected] or 816 200 8870.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is the instructor?

scottMO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent with details.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
IM rec'd.  I remember you and was very impressed w/the short conversation that we had.  I'm gonna try and make this class.

scottMO
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have attended both the handgun and carbine classes SSA has hosted. Both of them were very good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have only attended the carbine classes that he has had.  I would recommend him to  any one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I also took the carbine class back in sept.  I plan on being at this one too!  Ammo is on order as I type...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking forward to a great day of training with those of you who are attending. Class is still on even if it rains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top