Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:08:12 AM EDT
I just got my M2 carbine.  (Actually Jeff just got it.  I get to visit it and shoot it this weekend at the shoot).   I really don't have a lot of experience with the little carbine.

I'm mostly concerned with lub issues.  Does this gun need greased?   Is CLP good enough?  Where/what needs lubed?   I bought a bolt disassembly tool and a few other things, maybe one of you guys can give me some input at the show?

If you're at the shoot, feel free to come check out my new toy!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#1]
i would say grease, M1 doesnt seem to like just clp.

at least my mine dont.

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a bit of both.

Grease on most of the Metal on Metal like the Bolt/oprod and a thin coat of CLP on every thing
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got my M2 carbine.

If you're at the shoot, feel free to come check out my new toy!

I will have to take you up on that offer...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one yrs ago and used to run it dry and no problems. They run pretty good over all. Congrats on the new baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top