Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 12:29:58 AM EDT
To celebrate my 500 th post, I am going to share an intresting story. I work security at a local mall< no joke haha, last week im standing outside  JCPennys and i see a friend of mine the pennys Loss Prevention mgr, approach me and begun telling me that a shopper inside there store was carrying a CCW and went to use the restroom and left it on the toilet lid and frogot about it. about 15-20 min later returned to see if it was still there..............which it wasnt so the guy notifies them about the situation which in turn he tells me. So i go to there security office and review the cameras of every body who was in and out of the restrooms during the time frame of events. as you can guess probably 20 people were in and out before he came back to retreve it. So i spent all day long attempting to ID people who were in the restrooms....which turned up nothing. BTW there is absoultly NO CCW on mall property, however i do feel kind of bad for the guy..............................................so "if" you lost your CCW at the mall last week mall security did every thing they could to get your pistol back and i didnt want some gangbanger to get hold of it
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
What mall says no CCW and why?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]
#1 Don't illegally carry a concealed weapon

#2 Try to avoid taking a crap in a public restroom at all costs

#3  Don't leave your piece in the crapper!

There was a police chief somewhere recently that did the same thing, except it was legal for him to CCW.  The resturaunt owner called the cops when he found the weapon on the toilet.  The cops traced it back the the Chief!  He went ahead and wrote himself a negative counseling report.  

As for this guy, I hope he has a police officer waiting for him when he shows up asking about his pistol.  It is private property.  No CCW means NO CCW.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering if the weapon is used to commit a felony or any crime for that matter and traced back to him just how much flesh the DA's and liberal's are going to demand.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What mall says no CCW and why?

+1, this would be nice info to know. I hvent noticed any signs here locally.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, bummer for the dude. Are you sure it wasn't a cop that left it?
BTW, what mall is it? I am going make sure I never shop there.
Also, how does mall security carry a gun if they are banned on the premises or are they unarmed only?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The law states that it is prohibited where posted but they can not do anything about it.  All they can do is ask you to leave.  If you refuse to leave then that is a different issue.  The only place that you can really not have it is on school property on federal/governement property.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#8]
All i can say is that it is posted at every single door and if you fail to obey and are caught you could and probably would be arrested. also yes, we are armed obviously not concealed tho. Also several times we had simi pissed almost nutcase type guys, come into our office almost demanding to know why they cant carry here and really we tell the truth b/c its a liability issue, if some jackass accidently shoots some kid in the mall we could be sued. It is private property and posted so please take my advice dont carry where prohibited, because you wont be asked to leave you will be arrested. I was told  the general manager to detain on sight if i can SEE that you are armed..................there was a key word in there somewhere
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I sincerely hope that you have your GM read chapter RSMO 571 and verify that you can't arrest a lawful concealed carry permittee until you have first asked them to leave and they have refused.  A prohibited location properly posted should be respected, however the penality for violation of a non-federal prohibited location is ONLY a violation if the permittee refuses to leave.  If you do so you may be sued and you will also be in clear violation of state law and are subject to the loss of your private officers commission.  If "MC" is still your Gm he needs to double check this policy as someone has given him bad info.  If "LE" has any questions he can call me as well.   The onus is actually on you to not violate state law.  I can assure you that if an officer is called to that location for such an arrest you may be the one actually in trouble.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I sincerely hope that you have your GM read chapter RSMO 571 and verify that you can't arrest a lawful concealed carry permittee until you have first asked them to leave and they have refused.  A prohibited location properly posted should be respected, however the penality for violation of a non-federal prohibited location is ONLY a violation if the permittee refuses to leave.  If you do so you may be sued and you will also be in clear violation of state law and are subject to the loss of your private officers commission.  If "MC" is still your Gm he needs to double check this policy as someone has given him bad info.  If "LE" has any questions he can call me as well.   The onus is actually on you to not violate state law.  I can assure you that if an officer is called to that location for such an arrest you may be the one actually in trouble.

Yeah, read the best buy story on packing.org.  That guy (the armed citizen) sued the shit out of the security contractor that best buy was using at that location.  All you can do is ask them to leave.  And anyone NOT a member of actual law enforcement who attempts to disarm me...not a good idea.  

Is this a Simon Mall?  I know that they are all posted....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top