Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 9:20:46 PM EDT
I took out my RC K98 this afternoon.  Had numerous light primer strikes (failed detonation) using both Turkish and Yugo 8mm ammo.  

Went home and disassembled the bolt completely.  The firing pin spring feels weak.  So I plan on replacing it.  But what about the firing pin itself?  Should it be replaced as well?  I heard that a firing pin can be worn out to the point that it does not protrude far enough out from the bolt face.  How do I check if my firing pin is still OK?

thanks

Oz
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Oz you need to get hold of Erik he can tell you that info in short order, I had a 1924 that did the same looked like a good strike but the rounds did not fire I ordered a Pin and spring from Numrich and fixed it right up I even tried a pin and spring from a different rifle and it worked fine the pin was the real issue mine was "Different" than any other mauser pin we could find for some reason...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahh ..... silly me .... we have a certifiable "Mauser Nut" and I failed to use him as a resource.  I email Erik right away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top