Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 1:16:45 PM EDT
Will be attending my Captain's Career Course starting in May 06.  Anybody near the area, know of decent gunshops to do transfers etc?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry

I spent the last 2 years i was in there (5th engineer battalion (M) ) . It really isnt all that bad, i was there last year to visit a buddy of mine i was suprised how much they had changed the base from while i was there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There's Post Pawn right outside the main gate.  They're kind of high on their gun and ammo prices.  Don't know what they'd charge to do a transfer.  There's a small but really nice gunshop east of Rolla off BB.  Smokey Acres Trading Company is a great little shop.  Don't know what he'd charge to do a transfer either but Ralph's a nice guy.  That's about the extent of the funshops that I know of.  

I live in Rolla, just 30 minutes up the road from FLW.  I work for UMR Army ROTC.  

To the other post, the 5th just lost a Soldier in Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Post Pawn charges $25 for a transfer.  I built up 6 M4 uppers for my OBC classmates at FLW and they all got lowers through them.  You must try the steakhouse "The Point" on HWY 28.

I wish they'd let us reservists go to the active duty CCC.  I could use an 8 month vacation at CPT pay that did not involve sand.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 You must try the steakhouse "The Point" on HWY 28.

I wish they'd let us reservists go to the active duty CCC.  I could use an 8 month vacation at CPT pay that did not involve sand.

Tell me about it.  I'd like to do AD CCC as well.  Guess we're stuck doing the correspondance thing for a year or two before the 2 week resident phase.  Oh well.  We always get the shaft.

What's so special about The Point?  I went there recently but the food wasn't anything special.  The folks were great but the food was.....ok.  If you want a good steak, come over to Rolla and eat at the 10th Street Dinner House.  That's a good steak!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]

I thought the ribs were awesome.  The steak was very good.

I was pretty toasted by the time the food came though
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Come on down to the Military Pro Shop. We are in the 878 Center on Missouri Ave.  I just got my FFL last month and will do transfers for 15.00.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The all you can eat catfish special is pretty good too.

One of the biggest draws is probably the cool view.  I've been there a couple of  times  since dad has a recreational farm down in that area.

Guess I'm gonna have to try the ribs.

Quoted:

Quoted:
 You must try the steakhouse "The Point" on HWY 28.

Tell me about it.  I'd like to do AD CCC as well.  Guess we're stuck doing the correspondance thing for a year or two before the 2 week resident phase.  Oh well.  We always get the shaft.

What's so special about The Point?  I went there recently but the food wasn't anything special.  The folks were great but the food was.....ok.  If you want a good steak, come over to Rolla and eat at the 10th Street Dinner House.  That's a good steak!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Come on down to the Military Pro Shop. We are in the 878 Center on Missouri Ave.  I just got my FFL last month and will do transfers for 15.00.

Do you guys do just firearms or military surplus too?

I might make a trip down there to pick up some ACUs if the MCSS gets them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The Military Pro Shop is a great place to visit. They only had tactical gear the last time I was in there but they had some really nice stuff. They are super people. I've bought some Blackhawk tactical gear from there and they were great to visit with. They get some of my money every time I drive by.

I am an AGR soldier for the Missouri Army National Guard down in Carthage. Give me a shout if you get down that way. I go to FLW from time to time to visit clothing and sales and conduct business at my Brigade HQ.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the help and I will definitly check out the local shops and will be doing some transfers as soon as I get settled in.  Are there any ranges off post which you all recommend?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top