Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:09:29 AM EDT
Hi all - I met some of you earlier this year; been shooting out at CMMG and did some IDPA with GaryM.  I know I have sort of fallen off the face of the earth as far as events go.  

Been a tough year finaniclly as I have tried to start a law firm.  finally deciede that I did not really like being a lawyer in private practice.  Been doing a great deal of stuff with the Army Reserve and it looks like I will finally get the chance to go the Sandbox with a unit out of Idaho.

Plan right now is to go out to Idaho in about a week and work with the unit getting ready to go; am slated to take command in February and then take that company to the sandbox.

Hope you are well and I will post updates as I can.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WOw, I had no idea you were giving up the law especially to sign up for Iraq. I have to say I am impressed. What sort of unit are you taking over? Any idea what sort of mission? (No specifics, just general info, I understand OPSEC) How long will you be gone? I will hate to see you go, I was planning on doing some more IDPA this spring and was hoping you would be around so I would have someone I know to talk to out there. I think I can also speak for everyone else when I say please do send pictures and keep us updated on what is going on over there in the fun zone. BTW, if you do need anything sent to you once you are over there let me know, I will see what I can do to help.

So what burned you out on practicing law? I have always heard that a heck of a lot of attorneys end up hating the job right after they get into, a very fast and high burn out rate if you will (I.E. Dave Glover).

Keep us posted on everything!
Gary
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Take care of yourself there.  I took my Combat Engineer company to Iraq Feb-04 to Feb-05.  We had a route clearance and patrol mission working just south and west of Baghdad.  If there is anything I can do for you let me know.  I wouldn't give the experience up for anything.  Although the intense brain drain for a full year was taxing.

21Bravo aka Craig P. in MO
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top