Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 12:49:01 PM EDT
A Bushmaster A3 upper receiver? Bushmaster wants $171 for one from the factory, I was hoping I could get one cheaper somewhere else.

Yes it MUST BE BUSHMASTER!

Brownell's, Midway, AIM, and a few others are a no-go. Ideas?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster gives a small discount to dealers, but other than finding a dealer that will order it for you, I don't think there is many other places that sell them.  I have always ordered my Bushmaster parts directly from them.

Why does it have to be Bushmaster?  If you can get by without it being Bushmaster, I would just order a CMMG upper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a big fan of DPMS products, otherwise I'd pick one up from CMMG this weekend in Joplin. If I run out of leads on a Bushy, That's what I plan on doing!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay. You had me at "our own receivers".    

I need an A3 upper, and a new carbine-length gas tube. How much we talkin' there?

Also, I want to check out some BUISs. Not real sure what I'm looking for yet.

If for some unforeseen event keeps me from Joplin, I am still getting the upper. Why, it's what any long distance, twice-attended, MODCC member would do!

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The upper looks great! Can't wait to swap it out!

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We have our own upper receivers too.  The teflon we use is slightly different from DPMS.  
Jeff

Who makes those for you?

Eric
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We have our own upper receivers too.  The teflon we use is slightly different from DPMS.  
Jeff

Who makes those for you?

Eric

You don't expect CMMG to divulge a trade secret like that do you?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The point is, it doesn't matter what it says on the side, it only matters if its in spec or not.  If you get an upper that says Bushmaster but its purple and the rails aren't in spec (which has happened to them, but very rarely), then you overpaid for a piece of crap compared to a My Little Pony (tm) upper that is correctly anodized and has a true 1913 Picatinny spec rail.  

P.S. The CMMG uppers are in spec.  Hint hint.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Duke, I already bought one. I am disappointed they were out of the pink My Little Pony uppers, so I went with black...

So far, it looks great. Can't wait to get my swap done!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I just don't understand the need for all the cloak & dagger mind games.  Aren't there only like 3-4 companies that actually make lowers?  And even then, what am I going to do, order a huge batch of them myself?

When I buy tires for my cars and trucks, I want to know what "major" company is really behind whatever "store brand" I'm considering buying.  If a good company makes it, I don't care if Walmart is stamped on it.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I guess I just don't understand the need for all the cloak & dagger mind games.  Aren't there only like 3-4 companies that actually make lowers?  And even then, what am I going to do, order a huge batch of them myself?

When I buy tires for my cars and trucks, I want to know what "major" company is really behind whatever "store brand" I'm considering buying.  If a good company makes it, I don't care if Walmart is stamped on it.

Sheesh.

There may only be 3-4 companies making the forgings, but many different companies doing the maching,finishing and QC.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sheesh.

Because I want to know what company finished the final machining, and some "big name" companies have had some issues lately. Besides, in my mind, Bushy would know how an upper would fit on one of their own lowers. So, a Bushy upper for my lower would make better sense than, say, a RRA that slops side-to-side on the lower (and it sure did!).

FWIW, this is my first CMMG upper, and it fits perfect.  They got some quality stuff!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll sell ya a factory Bushy A3 upper for $750 and I'll throw in the rest of the gun!!!!!

My Bushy M4A3 that is for sale
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Too late, CMMG got my cash. And it was well worth it.

Gimme a few days, and I'll spread the word on that AR, Glock223. Got 2 folks shopping for one these days...

No guarantee, but I'll try for a fellow MO member.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top