Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 6:04:06 AM EDT
Can anyone give me the details on how to obtain handgun purchase permit in St. Charles county?   I know its been posted before but I never payed that much attention since Im not located In St. chuck.  I now have a friend interested in a handgun and could not find the info anywhere.

step by step would be nice.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'll give this a shot.  Others can correct me if I'm wrong about something or add any details that I might miss.

I live in St. Charles County and purchased my first pistol back in February.  It has recently come to my attention that the County Sheriff's office has moved since then.  Back in February, the sheriff's office was on Second Street in Old Town St. Charles, but I've heard that it's moved out to O'Fallon near TR Hughes and Tom Ginnever Dr. (near where the Rascals play).  According to the St. Charles County website (www.saintcharlescounty.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=193), here's the new address:

County Sheriff's Department
101 Crossing Industrial Ct.
O' Fallon, MO 63366

To obtain a permit, go to the St. Charles County Sheriff's office and tell you want an application for a permit to perchase a pistol.  Then, just fill out the form.  You'll need 2 proofs of residence in St. Charles County.  I'm pretty sure one must be a photo ID (i.e. Driver's license, passport).  The other can be a utility bill or a voter registration card.  There is also a $10 (I think) fee.  After completing the form, they verify your residence, and take your money.  If all is well, they give you a card that tells you when you can come back to pick up your permit to purchase a pistol (7 business days, I think).  I believe the permit to purchase is then good for 30 days.  Take the permit to the gun store and buy pistol.  The gun store will then fill in info about the pistol you purchased and return the form to St. Charles County.  You also get a copy to keep.

I think that should cover it.  Others can add details I missed or correct any of this that is incorrect.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, that's about it except for having to cough up the cash when you pick up your permission slip, not when you fill it out.
What yer buddy gonna get?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I can own up to it now, Gary.  When I said "others", I had you in mind.    I knew you'd be able to correct any mistakes I made or add anything I left out.

I couldn't remember which time I had to give them the money.  I had a 50/50 shot of getting it right, but it looks like I managed to guess wrong.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Awww shucks.....
But not for much longer, I am now a resident of the city of Arnold in Jefferson county.  Of course this means I have to knock out a few of my teeth, paint the others green and marry my sister but what the heck, it is closer to good hunting grounds.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not sure what my friend will get.  I think She is just checking into the possibilities....we shall see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top