Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 2:42:17 PM EDT
My wife was attacked this am at the price chopper in blue springs.The bastard beat her , dragged her around the side of the store .The security guard on duty was standing at the far door smoking and bsing with the night stocker crew.No one came to her aid, she fought him off and threw her keys to him upon demand.

The attacker was collored by Grain Valley PD (Thanks Guys) minutes later. My wife will be ok, thank God,bruised and battered,car was recovered with no damage.The waste of air was due in court tomorrow on other charges , he had a butcher knife with him upon arrest. She was very lucky.Please tell your loved ones it can happen anywhere and to be aware of their surroundings.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont press charges. Let him get out, back on the street. You should have his name and such, just find him and give him some like hes never had. There is no end to which i would go to get to a person that did that to my family. Do it in a place that you can take your sweet time, make it worth wild.
Im sorry to hear this happened, i hope she is alright. CCW!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad your wife will be OK.  That is a despicable crime, and that scum should be punished to the fullest.

My thoughts are with her, as I'm sure she is very traumatized.  

Don't you sometimes wish we still lived in the "eye for an eye" days??

` 45
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job Grain Valley PD, and I'm very glad your wife is going to be OK.

P.S. How old was the carjacker?  Blue Springs is in my jurisdiction....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Im sorry to hear this.  I am glad your wife will be ok.  Blue springs is my home town.  Please let us know as much information about the attacker so that I can inform my family and friends.

btw was this the north or south branch?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit....! I'm glad she will be alright!

Where does she stand on the subject of CCW?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I didn't have any carjackers in court this morning so unless he's on my Friday docket he's probably older than 17.  

Again, not sure what your wife's stance on CCW is, but if she decides that she wants something, make a decision on what firearm to get and Missouri Custom Armament will get it to her at cost.  No time limit on this offer, whenever she is ready we will get it taken care of.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank all of you for your kind replies, my wife was thrilled that so many care, he was older than 17, was on parole, due in court today on OTHER robbery charges,I dont have id on him yet, would apprecate any help in that regard.

Price chopper south is posted against ccw btw..Bless her heart she is only 4ft 10 in. But she will be getting her ccw anyway.It was at the south store at approx 545 am.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#9]
If he's over 17 then his I.D. is a matter of public record.  As the victim, your wife in particular is entitled to know his I.D. and to have a copy of the police report and any other pertinent documents.  Call the Jackson County prosecutor's office, find out who the prosecutor is who has been assigned the case, and tell them you want to press charges and coordinate with them closely on this.  If he's already got a rob charge then he should really be in the shit now, having picked up an additional charge while other charges are still pending usually means the court won't give him any benefit of the doubt now.  You could help put him away for quite some time.

I sound like quite the DEFENSE attorney today don't I?  Sigh... some prosecutor around here needs to quit his or her job soon, that's all I have to say.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Iwish I could have been there, I would have enjoyed blowing a hole throuth the scum bags head.
I hope your wife has a complete and speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Which store?  South as in the store on 7?, the one at 40&7?
I live not 3 miles from there.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#12]

I was down in the almost-hood near westport with Dad earlier today, posting a listing sign for him.  We were talking about CCW, and I told him I was amazed he went to that part of town without a gun.  He said "This isn't a really bad part of town!"  My reply: "It can happen ANYwhere."

I'm sorry about your wife.  People, and especially women, who don't carry are a statistic waiting to happen.  Hope she never goes through something like that again, but if she does, hope she shoots the savage.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Teh whole KC metro area is getting nasty!  I work nights, near Crown Center.  But when I get off at 2am, the whole area is just filled with nasty people.  I am really glad I CCW.

Glad your wife is mostly okay.  Hope the creep gets put away.  (Take that however you wish!  :)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Heck yeah its nasty.  I make around 100 court appearances a month and I only deal with juveniles!  Little bastards get into everything.

I watch what happened in New Orleans and I think, "so this is what they would do if there wasn't a cop on every street corner."  Heck, even with a cop on every street corner they shoot each other on a nightly basis, so imagine what they'd do if the SHTF here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Duke, could it be reasonably argued that the Price Chopper, by posting a no CCW sign, assumes some resonsibilty for the safety of their patrons by denying them the right to protect themselves?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey Duke, could it be reasonably argued that the Price Chopper, by posting a no CCW sign, assumes some resonsibilty for the safety of their patrons by denying them the right to protect themselves?

First very glad to hear your wife is ok, Itracc.  Sorry that happened to her.

Second:  That doesn't work.  You have the option to not set foot on the property so marked so ultimately you are responcible for your safety.  They have no implied contract to keep armed guards even if they ask you to disarm.  I try to avoid places that post them, but if I have business I need to conduct and see one I don't really pay it any mind.  If they ask me to leave I will.  The law was really constructed to make the signs a 'feel good' issue anyway.  They have no teeth untill you refuse a verbal request to leave.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, so sorry to hear what happened!

If you do find him, I wouldn't mind driving out to Blue Springs...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
He has been Identifed, I will have mules and ncic info before the weekend is out.
FWIW, my wife is an EMPLOYEE of PC.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Also...make a fuss! in St.l the circus attorney will sometimes not file on the new case if it's easier to just 'violate 'him and send him away for the rest of his time.It would get him off the streets longer if he WAS charged,and had the new time run consecutive with first.( but then the'd have to work harder
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Price chopper south is posted against ccw btw...

You know, I have wondered for a while now if this would be good grounds for a lawsuit against the non-CCW company.  By denying your wife her right to self defense on their property, they assume responsability for her safety.  And they failed.

It's worth making a go of.  Make an example of what can happen to a "no CCW" store.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Try this scenario, a different woman is getting carjacked, your wife is in the parking lot, the woman being jacked pulls a gun and shoots missing the carjacker but hits your wife. Price Chopper is allowing CCW, now, do you sue PC because they allowed CCW and your wife got shot because they did?
Things happen in this world and its not always someone elses fault. This guy was going to hijack a car whether it was at a Price Chopper or next to a police station. There is too much bullshit litigation in the courts now.
PC did not cause this, your wife did not cause this, the hijacker was the responsible party, go after him....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Now the family of this pos is coming out of the woodwork making threats.I am locked and loaded , my wife goes for her ccw class next week,i will be ready for these losers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Now the family of this pos is coming out of the woodwork making threats.I am locked and loaded , my wife goes for her ccw class next week,i will be ready for these losers.

Are you serious?  I hate to say this is my reaction, but I'm trying not to laugh.  Do they have ANY idea who they are messing with?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top