Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 8:10:54 AM EDT
I'm planning on coming out to the next one (September 10th?), so what do I need?

Sling?
OWB handgun holster?
How much ammo should I bring?

A comprehensive list would be great if anyone has the time.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
MODCC Shoot be sure to pack your sense of humor!

Ammo? Bring twice what you think you might use... Maybe 3 times that...

A sling is a definite need in my opinion, Outside the waistband holster would be good.
Comfortable clothing and shoes. Don't wory too much about what to bring, if you forget something or find a need for something just look me up I probably have a loaner or someone else will loan it to you... Once you get on the free fire range and start blasting you will wish you brought more ammo! so be sure and stock up on ammunition... Use reliable ammunition in the Carbine since you would prefer to not have a stoppage on the course... of course if you have a sling you cna transition to the handgun... I have not been to an MODCC shoot in a while but I will definitely make this one!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good, thanks.

I'll be the younger guy who looks completely lost and out of place

What time do these things get started, how much $ does it cost, and when do I pay?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
No more so than those of us who are regulars.....

I get there early but then I am just like that 9AM is a good time because they usually like to get the course started at about 10am 5 bucks to shoot, 5 for lunch and 5 for the Course if I remember right,
You can use this to prepay Linky

You'll recognize me there for sure if you look....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
And if you forgot anything, AFSOC can fashion it for you out of 2 sticks, some chewing gum, and a piece of laqured wolf brass.
Besure to bring some water. They ran out last time, and it was hottt!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry about the water. Just bring a decent cup.. I have always had a 5gal watercooler with ice water out there. I went shooting once without something to drink and swore to never have it happen again..
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's my brief list:

rifles
pistols
mags (loaded the night b4)
plenty of ammo for both/all (9mm and .223 for me, but I also try to bring some .45 ammo in case I borrow a gun to test/shoot)

good sling
good owb holster
good gun belt- wilderness
mag carriers (long gun and pistol)
chair
hat
$ for shooting the rentable full autos
$ for buying something from CMMG- t-shirts, misc parts, mags, new uppers, optics, etc.
eyes/ears
knee pads- optional (I cant talk abt this until the initiation)
Bring things you want to shoot- pumpkins, tv's, computer monitors,yard ornaments, old water jugs

Clothes:
boots if muddy/wet
tennis shoes if dry/normal
Cargo shorts (easy pockets for empty mags)
Manditory anti-gun control, anti-Kerry, non militia, non Politically Correct T-Shirt- depends on the mood

If you need equipment, there should be plenty of guys willing to loan holsters/mag carriers, etc.

Try and list what you think you might need and we can try and find them from people who know they will be there.

I have a ton of Glock holsters and mag carriers, but wont be at the Sept 10 shoot to share them.

scottMO

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm planning on coming out to the next one (September 10th?), so what do I need?

Sling? - i would say a definite, the line can get kinda long sometimes waiting to run thru the courses
OWB handgun holster? - what ever works for you  and you are used to IMO is what you should bring
How much ammo should I bring? - Umm, how big a trunk you got? cause you will realize it wasnt big enough after you run out of ammo

Oh, did we cover ammo?
Like Rsteinb said, if you dont have a way to bring something to drink dont worry about it, a lot of us bring stuff and are more than happy to share with others.   Dont do like i usually do and forget to load the mags the night before like scottMO suggested, thats the one thing i usaully forget to take care of lol and i am stuck sitting there loading mags Unless of course Rsteinb is bringing his automated mag loader again If he does i have a new toy she might like to try out:
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I generally bring a nephew to load mags up in the morning... While I shoot....
I bring a large cooler with sodas and water and a 5 gal igloo jug with water too.
Did anyone mention bringing plenty of ammunition?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#9]
i bet you could almost get buy with just a good attiude and you would be set. everything else would be provided buy somebody.

the main thing is be safe and have fun.

were not a hard bunch to get along with.  yes bring plenty of water. like BaNo said we did run out last time... i think it was the Chicken making us drink more, but man the Chicken was so good..

Ronald
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
uhh,

AMMO!@#

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
AFSOC can you please bring your Thompson After fondling it a few months ago I’m ready to hold that tank again. I'm set on ammo well 7.62x39mm got 2k in the other day. last gun show I went to didn't have any 5.56 so i won't be blasting that besides on the course. Duke said he can't make it so someone has to do the Wolverines battle cry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Reckon I can bring the Thompson... I need to fix a mag catch for it for the Mil Mags...
That won't take too long with the Dremel.... Otherwise I only have two 30 rounders for it...

I got at least 1K of 5.56mm about a K of AK stuff... Bunch of 45ACP a little bit of 40 and some 9mm I'll probably bring the 9mm AR too. and the 22 kit and some 22 ammo.... Cheap blasting fun!

Did anyone suggest  bringing extra ammo yet?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
there's a nice pic
so nice but so heavy
AFSOC good to hear your doing alot better. Hope you guys get your SOT soon i need an RPK receiver and when you do your RPK builds for MCA I might stop in and try to learn a thing or 2 on how they go together.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Unless of course Rsteinb is bringing his automated mag loader again If he does i have a new toy she might like to try out:

OMG... Of course I am bringing her along. Who else am I gonna get to load mags for me. She has caught "the black rifle plague" and is even bringing a new toy of her own.(even though she doesn't know it yet.) I am sure she would like to try out anything she is big enough to hold safely and is comfortable with. She HAS been told that Dad is not paying for the next FN P-90 mag she gets to shoot though. She will have to make that call. She did enjoy the .22 conversion brought by Nascar3n8 last weekend and is already asking me to get one for the "New Upper" I just picked up from CMMG today. Its hard to not spoil the suprise for her about her new 10/22.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I might be coming with the F/A belt fed browning, i will make sure i bring ammo and lots of it, seeing how my daughter caity loves holding down the butterfly's till i end up kickin her in the butt to tell her to let up on them. She normally burns up 5,000-7,000 rnds on each trip we make on the belt fed alone, I need to make the belts shorter for her or else she will melt the barrels. I will bring couple other MG's for me and wife to play with.  I wanna throw some bullets!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey Beltfed! Do you think Caity would give me a chance on the trigger of that 1919?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I might be coming with the F/A belt fed browning, i will make sure i bring ammo and lots of it, seeing how my daughter caity loves holding down the butterfly's till i end up kickin her in the butt to tell her to let up on them. She normally burns up 5,000-7,000 rnds on each trip we make on the belt fed alone, I need to make the belts shorter for her or else she will melt the barrels. I will bring couple other MG's for me and wife to play with.  I wanna throw some bullets!

HAHA! I remember the little cutie doing the 20sec. burst on the belt fed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I may not go now, john just emailed me and said the only place to shoot MG's including the belt fed was on a 35 yrd range and that wont be much fun. Last time i got to use the 100 yrd range and kept the tripod locked so it wouldnt climb but they say that berm needs repair. Oh well i will do some shootin here or come to another one at a later date. have fun all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Okay...so, I should bring ammo?

I'm making a sling and picking up a holster this weekend, and I've already got ammo, so it looks like I'll be good to go.

See you there!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHA! I remember the little cutie doing the 20sec. burst on the belt fed.

Its a BURST when your on the sidelines watching but when your the one paying for the ammo and the barrel as you watch the rifling fly out the bbl in what looks like pretty SPARKS flying out its not a BURST, it becomes EXPENSIVE! All in all i dont watch anything other then the look on her face as she shoots it, she loves it, so do I.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I think its great you have to boot her away from the trigger. My daughter got to see some video of her "bursts" and wants to try it someday. I was waiting to see her cause the barrel to droop till I got to see the shorter barrel's you had last time. Thats some good entertainment there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Rsteinb, you are more then welcome to come out here and let your daughter play with any of my MG's. While the beltfed is the favorite of the kids the M16 with the 22 conversion is not far behind, the mac is another story as it tends to climb a little much for a youngin. Nascar3n8 has brought his youngins out and let them play before he, says he wants to come out and play some more maybe get with him and come on down. I love seeing kids gettin hooked on the sport while learning safety and responsibility at same time, its a memory that will stay with them forever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Is there going to be a shotgun course?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Here's my brief list:

rifles
pistols
mags (loaded the night b4)
plenty of ammo for both/all (9mm and .223 for me, but I also try to bring some .45 ammo in case I borrow a gun to test/shoot)

good sling
good owb holster
good gun belt- wilderness
mag carriers (long gun and pistol)
chair
hat
$ for shooting the rentable full autos
$ for buying something from CMMG- t-shirts, misc parts, mags, new uppers, optics, etc.
eyes/ears
knee pads- optional (I cant talk abt this until the initiation)
Bring things you want to shoot- pumpkins, tv's, computer monitors,yard ornaments, old water jugs

Clothes:
boots if muddy/wet
tennis shoes if dry/normal
Cargo shorts (easy pockets for empty mags)
Manditory anti-gun control, anti-Kerry, non militia, non Politically Correct T-Shirt- depends on the mood

If you need equipment, there should be plenty of guys willing to loan holsters/mag carriers, etc.

Try and list what you think you might need and we can try and find them from people who know they will be there.

I have a ton of Glock holsters and mag carriers, but wont be at the Sept 10 shoot to share them.

scottMO

What he said!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top