Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 12:41:32 PM EDT
I'm orginally from central Illinois, and have spent the last 20 years in Dallas Texas.  I'm coming up on retirement options, and considering moving back to the area.  I just got back from vacation in Illinois, and stopped in St Louis so my daughter could see the Arch, and I remembered all the road trips I took to St Lou as a younger buck living in Decatur Il.  I always liked St Louis back then.
My questions are, is the cost of living high in the suburbs on the Mo side of St Lou?
Missouri's a gun friendly state isn't it?
Do you have CCW in Mo?
Is there good fishing anywhere in the area, are gun ranges plentiful?

I'd forgotten how neat the old architecture is in the city, and spent a lot of time pointing out the cool buildings to my daughter.

Anyway thanks in advance for any response.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in St. Louis County and would advise moving outside of St. Louis County.  Cost of living outside of St. Louis County is typically cheaper.  You also do not have to deal with some of the BS that goes along with St. Louis.

Fishing and Hunting is pretty good in MO.  The state has one of the best Conservation Departments in the Country.   http://conservation.state.mo.us/    Large mouth bass, Catfish, sunfish and Crappie are probably the most fished for in the area.

There are several gun ranges around the St. Louis area,  2 state run ranges in the area and several smaller unmanned ranges within about 1 hour,  Benchrest shooting club (private club) is in Warren County I do believe, which has an EXCELLENT set up for shooting.

I would say as a whole the state is much more gun friendly than IL.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Where you live depends.  

You want to buy in area that  will appreciate and have convienent shopping checkout Wentzville crossing,out I-70.  North of there is Troy and Bowling Green closer to Mark Twain lake.  That's where I'd head if I could pry my old lady of the West County nest

If you want be close to national  forest and the Ozarks check out Washington or Union Mo, off of I-44.  It's up and coming too.

Gun ranges close to any of those choices.  Unsupervised MDC are my favorite.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes the coat of living is reasonable, people are generally friendly,  MO is   gun friendly, has CCW, and has great hunting and fishing.  I used to live in St. Louis County, moved to St. Charles Co. and presently live in Lincoln Co. and really like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top