Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 8:45:15 AM EDT
There will be a Defensive Pistol Class I being held at Pigeon Hill Shooting range in St Joseph on Sat and Sun, 27th and 28th August. This class is being put on privately and will be 2 days of shooting which you will go through about 1200 rounds of ammunition. This is not a basic course, it is for the average shooter who wishes to improve their skills and tactics. If you are interested in attending, pls make prior arrangements before arriving on Saturday morning.
All the information regarding time, place, course content and what to bring can be viewed below.

This class teaches you the fundamentals and dynamics of pistol handling. You will learn the techniques of how to run your pistol efficiently and will also be taught how to shoot it smooth to be fast. It is aimed at teaching Civilian gun owners, Competitive shooters who shoot in IDPA and IPSC matches, Law Enforcement personnel who carry firearms in a professional capacity. Weapon handling skills are perishable if you do not train on a regular basis and need to be kept up to speed.

Course dates: August 27th, 28th (Saturday and Sunday)

Course duration: 2 full days (8 – 9 hour days)

Starting times: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Range: Pigeon Hill, St Joseph, Missouri

Tuition: $250   ($100 deposit to secure a place)

Ammo: 1200 rds of your pistol caliber

This class will be very informative and will take a toll on your hands. Please make sure that you are medically fit and motivated for this class as you will be spending a lot of time out on the range in the sun and shooting a lot of repetition drills.

Please feel free to call or email Wade Rorich at (816) 200 8870 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

Sponsored by SRT Group – Bill Regina (816) 699 4005

Course Content:

 Range safety rules and commands
 Combat mindset
 Pistol nomenclature and gear selection
 Pistol sight in
 Pre-test
 Handgun handling: Proper equipment placement, stance, grip, breathing, trigger pull, sight alignment, various reloading options, transitional shooting, malfunction drills, one hand shooting and  manipulation.
 Post test
 Conclusion

Equipment list:

 Ball cap or hat
 Shooting glasses
 Ear plugs or muffs
 Shooting gloves or band aids
 Camelbak hydration system or water bottle
 Range chair
 Hand towel
 Sun screen
 Decent outside belt holster – leather, kydex or duty
 Decent outside belt magazine pouch (at least to hold 2 spare magazines)
 Decent leather belt
 Ammo: 1000 – 1200 rds (for the caliber of choice)
 Spare firearm or spares (incase your primary pistol breaks during the class)
 Primary pistol – (what you carry or compete with)
 Spare magazines – 2 x (minimum, more the better)
 Magazine loader – if you own one

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking for a great handgun class in the MO/KS, I would recommend taking this class or one of the many others offered by Bill.

I have taken three handgun classes with Bill including my CCW class and recommended him to my customers and everyone has been very satisfied.

Keep up the great work Bill.

Check out the following link to his indoor range also.

http://www.totalrange.com/
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you are looking for a great handgun class in the MO/KS, I would recommend taking this class or one of the many others offered by Bill.

I have taken three handgun classes with Bill including my CCW class and recommended him to my customers and everyone has been very satisfied.

Keep up the great work Bill.

Check out the following link to his indoor range also.

http://www.totalrange.com/

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ths is being put on by a different Company and an independant Instructor will be teaching this class and the Carbine class. SRT Group is just sponsoring it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of turnout you have for these and the rifle class?  Anymore coming up?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Generally between 6 - 12 students. Restricted to maximum 12 though from all over, Military, Law Enforcement and civilians, not only from MO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good. The rifle class looked like a real good/learning experience and you get to shoot that much. I am in St Joe so I guess I would not be taking advantage of all that Total has to offer if I did not take the class.  Now to convince the wife of this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top