Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:49:31 PM EDT

As stated, a couple of us are headed to Finger Lakes to do some shootin/blastin on Sunday afternoon. Planning to start around 2pm till ? ? ?  Open invite to any/all.....   Will bring the steel plates. Paper targets are on your own..  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The Finger Lake by Columbia?  If so then count me in.  The drive isn't too bad from KC and I've been itching to get out and do some shooting.  What all are you going to bring to shoot?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be there but wont be shootin because the guns are at home in Springfield and Im at MU.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Steel Plates are planned as well as some paper targets for sighting in. NOTE.. bring your own paper please. I will have cardboard, tape, and binderclips.  Most of us seem to be suffering from the terrible "Black Rifle Plague Withdrawal".  I plan to bring 3 or 4 rifles in .308, 762x39 and .223.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I will be there but wont be shootin because the guns are at home in Springfield and Im at MU.

If you bring some ammo (you can get some at Midway, Wolf is fine), I don't care if you shoot mine.  I'll have the AKs and a couple of ARs with me, including the AR pistol.  

See you guys there.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Ought to get a couple of ya down here at my private range, have several of them including one with 600 yrd range, that way i can shoot my full autos, nascar 3n8 has been at one of them with me and we had a BLAST literally with his justinite and my beltfed. The conservation ranges dont allow my toys on their property otherwise i would go. Have fun all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ought to get a couple of ya down here at my private range, have several of them including one with 600 yrd range, that way i can shoot my full autos, nascar 3n8 has been at one of them with me and we had a BLAST literally with his justinite and my beltfed. The conservation ranges dont allow my toys on their property otherwise i would go. Have fun all.

I was planning on giving you a call tonight to see if you'd be interested in going up there with me on Sunday.  Are you planning on going to the MODCC shoot on the 10th?  If so, maybe we can save on gas money.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
No thats a long ways to drive to PAY to shoot when i can do it for FREE here and have more then 100yrd range. I enjoy the company while up there but gas is too high. Maybe when it cools down we can get together for another shoot and bring the family again, we can BBQ, drink a couple beers and make a day of it. Give me a call.
beltfedMG
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#8]
    Just got info that I am getting some steel knockdowns (aka metalmen made by METALMAN) so bring a pistol if your able.. we can run some speed shooting or whatever..  Only pistol or shot shell though. They are not up to rifle hits...      Seeya around 2pm.  Rsteinb
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys are making me drool.

I work Sunday's now.

I guess that I would have a transportation problem , too.

One son took one car back to MU today. Other son took one car to Sedalia, and wife and daughter took one car to St. Louis. Fourth car was totalled about a week ago by the MU son.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I dont know if Im going to be able to make it out there, I have got laundry to do and have stuff i have to be at from 4 on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
    Talk about a nice day for shooting. We had a blast. Sorry, no pictures as I couldn't find the camera. Had myself, Nascar3n8, Brian, and Don blasting away at the steel plates. All told, I think we sent over 1000 rounds down range and even had a melon volenteer its life as it held a tannerite charge.
It was quite spectacular. Wish we could have seen more there, but understand the cost of travel.

AHhhhhh.. The joys of some trigger time...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
sob....sob....sob.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
  As can be attested by Nascar3n8, we blasted the heck out of the small Metalmen (made by METALMAN) with the pistol's.

BTW...... We miss METALMAN  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
  As can be attested by Nascar3n8, we blasted the heck out of the small Metalmen (made by METALMAN) with the pistol's.

BTW...... We miss METALMAN  

It's true, it's all true.  

Unfortunately, this outing only served to further whet my appetite for the next shoot.  

BTW, thanks for the tenderized shoulder Rsteinb.  
Note to self, when Beowulf arrives, do NOT put meat tenderizer stock on it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Ahhhh...   but I like my meat tenderizer stock.  Some people are just recoil sensitive I guess...   It did leave a nice checkered pattern though from the buttstock. It was just a little .308 recoil.........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top