Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 4:37:12 PM EDT
Its been so long since I've been to the range... can't... take it....

Too much.... daily grind...

Must... keep my head.... can't.... stop...

noo... the madness is coming....  arrrrrrrrrrrghhhh....
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!  I'M GOING CRAZY!  MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

Anybody else been jonesing bad for a shootin' range trip and just haven't been able to get it done?  Man its just killin' me.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, me too. I just picked up a new toy today and I wanna play with it so bad! Even worse I think the first opportunity to try it out will be the MoDCC shoot in Sep.
BTW DUke, was it you that said I needed to run the course with a tommy gun after seeing me wear my trenchcoat to a few shoots? Well if it was I took your advice, I done picked me up a tommy gun complete with 50rd drum. I would post a picture but I have no idea where my digital camera is.
Oh yeah, that is why I haven't been able to do any shooting, all my junk is packed since I am still in the middle of moving....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel your pain, Duke!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Anybody else been jonesing bad for a shootin' range trip and just haven't been able to get it done?  Man its just killin' me.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
GaryM: I'm jealous.  AFSOC has one of the new Thompsons and its a work of art.  It also weighs about the same as my motorcycle.  Did you get a WW2 clone or a 1927 gangster model?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Duke and all... I have one thing to say here... You have no IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get the Portacath out on the 22nd of August so by the 28th I can probably shoot something...
My Tommy Gun is unhappy,

my ARs are unhappy,

my AK is unhappy....

all my handguns are plotting to overthrow the safe and take the long guns hostage...
Unless I free them from their iron prison
My Sharps is even getting disgruntled! They want to be fired as much as I want to fire them!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel the same way Duke, but I think AFSOC has us beat by a mile.  Just when you think you have something to bitch about reality hits you square in the face.

AFSOC, Which one of them is winning you over and going to make the trip to CMMG next month.  It will be good to see you out getting some fresh (smoke filled) air.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just took my two sons and two of their friends to the range the other day...

Bout a thousand rounds later we all piled into the truck smelling of sweet gunpowder and went jet-skiing for the rest of the day....

Ahhhhhh...

Sorry Duke...

You shoulda been there!

PITSNIPE OUT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, you suck!

I know what you all mean, I haven't had the chance to shoot since early June.  But with the new job, I may very well be able to start going to the MODCC shoots!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't been out all summer.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
i must be sick, i had many of time to get out and shoot, i just dont do it.  humm...somthing not right in the head i guess.

if i shoot my ammo stock pile will decrease and then i cant make the coworkers freak out when i talk about how much ammo i have in sotck. or when i tell them if the need somthing beacuse the shtf the price wont be cheap so it would be better for them to get there own now. my method of making people buy guns isnt working. well except on the intern. in about 6 more months he will be foaming at the mouth unless he gets a ar. he is almost ready to come to a shoot. he broke down 2 weeks ago and got a m48.

well it atleast its a gun, his family freaked. the darkside am i. hahahahahaha....

Duke i do feel your pain.

Ronald
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been feeling the pain for a while.   I've had an upper in my trunk, packaged and ready to go off to ADCO for a little work for about 7 months!  I just have not gotten around to sending it out.  I am a slacker.  Of course I have bought and sold a home in that span as well.  sometimes real life gets in the way.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I haven't been out all summer.  

Same with me.

Gary,
A Tommy eh? Fifty round drum? SWEET!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been able to get out some but not nearly as much as I used to go. I still don't see much time becoming available soon but dammit! I will make time some way or another.

BTW, the tommy gun is a M1927A1, the gangster style. A bit different than my milsurp obsession but what the heck, it will go so well with my trenchcoats.

ETA;
A tommy gun with a fully loaded 50 round drum is freakin heavy and possibly the most awkward gun I have ever had the pleasure of handling (but it does look totally kewl!).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#15]
hey duke want to go out this sunday? With any luck and lots more of Neil's help the AMD should be a complete gun Saturday. I want to test fire it before i put the finish on.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Have to admit, I'm jonesin' pretty bad too.  I really need to sight in my guns before the Sept. 10 shoot since I swapped all my scopes around anyway.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#17]
..........................hhmmm, i just went out a popped a few hundred rnds, last week. I need that, it had been a month or 2  from the last time i went
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
hey duke want to go out this sunday? With any luck and lots more of Neil's help the AMD should be a complete gun Saturday. I want to test fire it before i put the finish on.  

Roger that, I don't have plans and was planning to go sometime this weekend anyway.  I had 13 court appearances just today-- I've gotta hit the range soon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like us Missouri boys are a bunch of non shooting bastards as of late.......

I too have done LITTLE shooting this summer. Work (and surgery) has just gotten in the way. Oh well, I'm young, need to make that cash while I can......
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I went out to Logan CA yesterday shot  a hundred rounds out of my Bushmaster and sighted in my new Remington 700 CDL 270 WIN.  Had a lot of fun!  What do you mean MO boys don't get out and shoot!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn 13 court appearances in one day you need to  go shooting. practice for when you go postal
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]

I had 13 court appearances just today-- I've gotta hit the range soon.

Damn! just what the hell did you do!?!?!?

Oh, thats right, you're an attorney aren't you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top