Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 5:52:50 AM EDT
I'm making my move to the big MO from the PacificNorthwest.  Looked thru the "Stay out of jail card" briefly and saw that MO requires a permit to purchse a handgun????  What do I have to do for those I'm bringing in state?  Doesn't this equal registration?

Thank God there is no AWB!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
nothing you have to do with the ones you bring in.  there isint supossed to be registration. it depends each county id differnt. like here were i live in callaway i never even get a copy of the permit to keep. i know Boone gives you a copy.  so the stay out of jail card is incorrect for me. i also know audrain gives you a copy. Audrain you have to have the serial # of the pistol before you can get the permit. Callaway  i can get as many blank ones as i want , there only good for 30 days. i used to keep a couple a month ready just in case i mean it was only 20 bucks a month. i have since stoped doing that. its a reall simple form. driver lic. social, name address. thats about it.  come back in 7 days pick up permit. in Audrain you walk out with permit. but like i said need to know the serial # so if you live in town go to gun shop get # drive to sheriff across town come back pick up gun. for me its go get permit 7 days ebfore i plan on buying. usally start of the week. get paid on friday go pick up permit go get gun.
Ronald
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
In Missouri you get a "Permit to Purchase" from the sheriff of the county where you reside.  The fee (tax) and wait varies with each sheriff - what this boils down to is that the sheriff's of the urban counties make you wait for the permit for the maximum 7 days allowed by statute, but in some rural counties you walk out with the permit the same day you turn in the paperwork.  The biggest problem with this is traveling to the courthouse to get an application; it's not a problem for me here, but where I grew up in the Ozarks it means a 26 mile trip one way (on the other hand, everyone knows me, so the permit will fly right through and negate the need for a return trip).

You do not need a serial number or description of the weapon you want to buy, and you have 30 days to exercise the permit.  After the purchase goes through, there is another form that is returned to the sheriff's office with details about the exact firearm; in essence, it has become "registered" in the county records.  I don't know if this is permitted or required by the statute, or if individual sheriffs have taken it upon themselves to take this step.  If you want to buy 3 handguns at the same moment, you need to fill out three applications and pay the tax three times.

The application in St. Charles County will quiz you about your recent residences and how long you have lived in the county, plus info that is also on the 4473.

When you move here, bring all your firearms along - the state doesn' t want to know about them.

What part of the state will you be moving to?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the info.  

Moving to Whiteman AFB.  Hoping to live in Warrensburg
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
you need to email or Im Duke nukem, he lives in that area and knows the Sheriff well for that area. we will hope to see you at some of the monthly get togther shoots if you have time off.
Ronald
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the info.  

Cool

I do my UTA weekends there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the info.  

There's a great range about 20 mins from there.
On Hwy 23. It's right where the "e" at the end of "fayetteville" is.

25, 50, 100 yard ranges.
www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=concordia&state=mo&zipcode=&searchtab=home

Edit: Zoom out 1 time to see the "fayetteville" I referrenced.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Great!  I'm used to just going out to the rockpits here in the desert.  It'll be cool to use a range.  Thanks again for all the good info!

Aimsmall-  What's your AFSC?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
When you get here look me up, I'll give you the grand tour bud.  We'll be glad to have you as a MO member.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Will do.  Sounds great.  I just finished my No Ban and will need to wring it out!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Definately sounds good.
A couple of people I know, and myself, like getting the 100 yard lane at that range.

We have some T-Bar kind of hangers for 12" steel plates.
Usually hang 4 at 25 yards, 2 at 50, and 2 at 100.

It makes for a regular gong-like symphony when 2 or 3 people go off on them at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Great!  I'm used to just going out to the rockpits here in the desert.  It'll be cool to use a range.  Thanks again for all the good info!

Aimsmall-  What's your AFSC?

3v - A/V and WSV
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Aimsmall, dang did the AF chance the format of the AFSC? Back when I was in (81-89) it was a 5 digit code such as 30474. With the 4th digit meaning your skill level. 30474 = Ground radio repair tech.

Did 5 yrs of 6 and was promoted in 4th year to SSgt. Went palace chase in the 6th year. Gave two required years to the guard and I did one more down in Jefferson Barracks.

Paul in STL
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Aimsmall, dang did the AF chance the format of the AFSC? Back when I was in (81-89) it was a 5 digit code such as 30474. With the 4th digit meaning your skill level. 30474 = Ground radio repair tech.

Did 5 yrs of 6 and was promoted in 4th year to SSgt. Went palace chase in the 6th year. Gave two required years to the guard and I did one more down in Jefferson Barracks.

Paul in STL

Naw, I am just lazy and was in the Marine Corps before this.

like 3v001, going to tech school soon.  I had to cross train as all netowrk admin slots were filled and I didn't want to be a cop  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top