Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:12:31 PM EDT
Ill be turning 21 in march and would like to buy a glock 23.  I live in St. Louis and have no clue where to get one, could use some help in finding an dealer.  (Ive had some odd characters at ranges and stores eyeball me like there looking for an excuse to draw down on me, creepy feeling) Also, is there a range in st. louis that hosts pistol competitions? I have always wanted to watch one of those, and who knows, maybe after I get comfortable with my glock I can play too

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=10973
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike's Guns in St. Charles.  Hwy 94S off of Pralie (sp?) Lane.  Great selection, very fair prices and nice people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mike's Guns in St. Charles.  Hwy 94S off of Pralie (sp?) Lane.  Great selection, very fair prices and nice people.

+1  Bought a Bushmaster there a few years ago.  Have not been in there for a while.  I don't think Mike owns it anymore.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The shop is still Mike's guns - it originally opened as Kevin's guns.  

Graf's usually has a few Glocks.  Before anyone bad mouths Graf's, their prices are comparable to anywhere else, and you have to ask if you want to bargain the price down.  

Dunn's has a good selection, and their prices are truly high, but if you can fing Greg Dunn you can negotiate those prices down also.

Nassau - never mind, Carl is an asshole.

Hey Matt G - I figured this was your thread, I followed your link to confirm.  Next I have to corrupt you with shotguns.  By the way, IDPA matches are being held at Benchrest now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted: By the way, IDPA matches are being held at Benchrest now.

Hey! When did that start? I would like to go to one of those.

Anyway, I just bought a Kimber from Mike's Guns. I think his prices are reasonable. He always has, at least, a few Glocks in stock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Also midwest gun and coin on the rock road by northwest plaza, in south county there is mid-america guns.
Personally I would try Mikes (nee Kevins) guns on hwy 94 in St. Charles first. I have always gotten a good deal there but remember they are always busy so don't be afraid to speak up to get someones attention. Mike will almost always drop at least 10-20 bucks on a gun if you just ask.

ETA:
IDPA at benchrest? Kewl, I will have to enter one sometime. Ought to be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've bought a few from Nassau Guns in Cave Springs. Good prices and great selection.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
hey L.L. tell me when the next idpa match is and ill be there....i gotta watch one of those things

btw...where on the property did they put a course?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Galyans sporting good store at 270 and manchester road has good selection of guns and very competitive prices.  They also will match any competitors price plus 10% of the difference.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Galyans sporting good store at 270 and manchester road has good selection of guns and very competitive prices.  They also will match any competitors price plus 10% of the difference.

Hell, I've been to the MO Galyans and I would say their prices are NOT competitive at all, unless you like paying full retail.  But I didn't know they match prices, that would be nice and they do have a decent stock.

On the other hand, I did buy a handgun (at a fair price) at a KC Galyans when I lived in KS.  They had their own self appointed waiting period (7 or 10 days, I can't remember) even though KS has no such law.  Not sure if this was a political choice, or if they are too lazy to run the 4473 while you wait.  Eitherway, that was enough to convince me to take my money elsewhere in the future.  Don't know if the MO Galyans stores do business the same way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I have bought a Winchester lever action rifle from the Galyans in KS and I have bought a 9mm beretta from the one in St. Louis.  I did my research...made some phone calls...got price quotes from stores around the state and area and took the the info to the store.  I bought the 9 about 25 dollars cheaper than the cheapest guy in the state which was in Springfield MO.  Their HK models where quite a bit higher than the cheapest guy in the state.  But  if a person wants to take the time to make the phone calls  it is a good way to purchase a firearm.  So they can beat any price by doing the match plus 10%.  I also think they have a great selection.  I have had great service with them also.    I did not have to wait in either purchase.  Although if you live in St. Louis it takes about 1 week to get a purchase permit before you can actually go buy the pistol.  Make sure your drivers liscense has your current address and etc... to avoid any further delays.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nassau - never mind, Carl is an asshole.

That is the truth. I've gone in there twice. I have made a $7 or $12 purchase (a 1911 mag, can't remember the price) but I feel bad that I spent ANY money there.

Their store policy is to not sell any gun to anyone under 21 because he "doesn't want some kids mom bringing back a rifle I sold him".  His attitude in general...well, AeroE summed it up well. I will never step into that store again.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on Nassau
Gaylans is way high on their stuff and they don't (at least the ones that waited on me) have clue about the guns they sell.
AeroE - thanks.  Forget it was Kevin's then Mikes.  I knew the name changed somewhere in there. Bought my Bushmaster there when it was Kevins, but have bought mags and stuff since.  

Can't remember the name of it, but there is a decent shop on Hwy 47 between Union and St. Clair.  They always have a few customized AR's around and they do some smith work.  Decent selection of pistols new and used.  Nice guys.

There is some kind of shop I've not stopped in yet in New Melle, but I've heard a couple of ok comments about it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
The New Melle gunshop is owned by Jack and Jill McClellen - nicer folks can't be found.  Prices are just okay, not the highest you'll find, but higher than most in the area.  Selection is variable; I was there last Saturday and the handgun selection is a little thin, maybe 40 or 50 handguns on display.  Jack is also a gunsmith.

I stopped in the shop on H. 47 near Union one day - I wasn't too impressed with the selection or quality of the merchandise that day.  It's too far, anyway, unless I happen to be passing through anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top