Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 11:59:01 AM EDT
Anyone know of an FFL that doesn't charge an arm & leg to do transfers near KC?  Some places I've checked are asking $40 plus 4% of purchase price.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Denny's Guns in NKC wants $35 for a transfer.  Kinda high I think.

Centerfire Range (Claycomo Guns) charges $25

There are a few folks listed on Gunbroker.com that go as low as $10, but I get nervous sending high dollar stuff to some guy I don't know from Adam.  Probably some local pawn shops that can do it too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If you aare going to the KS side then the Bullet Hole in Overland Park if the MO side of the state line then Dennyy's Guns in NKC or H&W Guns in Platte City.  Both are about 20-25 per transfer.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Bret @ B&R Guns in Lees Summit charges a flat 20.00 or 25.00.  He was at the last MODCC and is great to work with.

scottMO
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Bob McWilliams in Odessa, MO is pretty good to deal w/, and he charges 10-15 a gun.  I've sent lots of high dollar stuff to him, and he always does a good job.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably not much help but Mister Money in manhattan only charges $20 per order not per gun. I bought several mausers, nagants and some yugo sks's and he only charged me $20 plus actual cost and didnt even charge tax since he put the order on my credit card. I also bought several small items off gunbroker and he said not to even worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the plug Scott.

As Scott stated, I can handle long gun transfers for you or handgun transfers if you live in MO.  I charge $15 for long gun, $20 for handgun and $25 for NFA transfers.  I'm in Lees Summit, MO about 5 minutes from the Jackson County Sheriff's office by Lake Jacomo.

Thanks,
Bret Millet
B&R Guns
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the great info guys!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bret @ B&R Guns in Lees Summit charges a flat 20.00 or 25.00.  He was at the last MODCC and is great to work with.

scottMO

+1

This is who I go through EVERY time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the plug Scott.

As Scott stated, I can handle long gun transfers for you or handgun transfers if you live in MO.  I charge $15 for long gun, $20 for handgun and $25 for NFA transfers.  I'm in Lees Summit, MO about 5 minutes from the Jackson County Sheriff's office by Lake Jacomo.

Thanks,
Bret Millet
B&R Guns
[email protected]

Hey!
Speaking of the FFL so dear to my family!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top