Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 5:29:25 PM EDT
How often do you guys clean magazines?  Or do you just wipe them down and go?  AND I know some are thinking “clean mags…is he drunk?”  I only clean them when I first get them, but I am thinking I will tear them down this winter.  

Just wondering?  

(edit - not drunk yet...just type like I am)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I only clean my magazines when the pages start sticking together and then all I do is just wipe them down with a clean sock.

Oh, wait, do you mean rifle mags? Umm... can't say I ever have....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I only clean my magazines when the pages start sticking together and then all I do is just wipe them down with a clean sock.

Oh, wait, do you mean rifle mags? Umm... can't say I ever have....

Bwahahahahaa!  Oh and ewww...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]
well im crazy, i do mine everty time i shoot. now before you say thats over board let me explain.
i do this every time:
i use 1 silicon gun rag, those great things sold buy outters or other compaines, sportsmanguide gas them in a 3 pack cheap. i use this to wipe down the mag boide. i do this every time. i do not use oil or clp  on my mgs will collect dust/dirt.
i do this once a year
i take all my mags appart and clean them inside and out, check follwer for wear and also put in new springs if needed.
this is rifel. pistol is difeernt, i do the same but  instaed of a year its every six months.
Ronald
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about getting a bucket of that dunk stuff and giving that a shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top