Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 9:24:13 AM EDT
I think BelleClair Fairgorunds has another gun show this weekend.  I will be going Sunday to see what the street price is on used 30 rd mags.  Also will see if M&A has any special deals too.   Might even consider picking up a 7.62 AK47 variant if the price is right.  Then after that a trip to Speedway junkyard  to find some car parts
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s going to be a busy weekend for me. But I am going to try and shoot by there on Sunday also.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
directions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Put this in Mapquest and it should get you there: 200 S Belt E Belleville, IL 62220-2650
HTH
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You go over the Poplar Street Bridge (I-55,64,70)  stay on I -64 then cut right (South) on I-255 to IL 15 AKA Missouri Ave go  east (left) about  10 miles to 159.  Then left (North) on 159 to the first intersection with traffic lights and make right.  It's right across the street from McDonalds.  You can't miss it for all the traffic entering and leaving.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Belleville show was great for AR stuff.   Mags were still high at $20 for 30rds, Oralites (plastic)were $12.   There was a table selling RRA stuff, lowers for $118.   M&A was there too with a decent selection left.  I got one of their catalogs and am thinking about building a 7.62x39 AR after looking at the AKs.  No offense to anyone, side by side I'd pick the 7.62 AR every time.  For $485 I'm in if I can sell my Russian SKS.

Good selection of .223 ammo and components.  $15/100 brass LC reloads.  $2.50 box for Wolf

On the downside, reloading components and equipment weren't the greatest.  I needed a reloading die for 7mm mag.  There were no Thompson Ceneter Arms tables.   I need a stock for my son's Encore.  

Are the shows in Columbia any good?  I always have Dunn's and Graff's to get me outfitted for deer season too.

Next show in Belleville Jaunuary.  Hopefully by then more mags will  hit shows at cheaper prices.   One dealer for what ever reason told me his cost was $700/100  for the LaBelles when production catches up.  So new $10 mags are possible.  Let's hope Bush gets elected so there won't be any panic buying this fall/winter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:38:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad the show turned out good for you. I did not make it out.
I hate walking any where near M&A’s tables. Too much candy!

Like you, I was going to put a 7.62X39 AR together (probably still will!). But I found out, after asking around, that finding good quality mags for that setup can be tough. I hadn’t really even thought about that. Everyone was happy with the rifle, just had problems getting good mags. This may have changed by now.
Anyway, I talked myself (with a little help from Metalman!) into the AK instead. In fact, that Russian SKS is a great rifle. If I had one I would hate to let it go.
HTH

Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top