Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 2:06:12 PM EDT
If anybody is interested, there is a 3 gun match at Tri-County Gun club, near Bonner Springs Kansas (30min west of KC), this Sunday.  It is their last match of the year.  These matches are VERY relaxed and normally are pistol only matches, but since it's the last match of the year, they add a rifle and shotgun COF.  

It consists of rifle: Any rifle, no optics, shoot standing (AR15's are popular, but I've seen garands, bolt action, etc.).  5 rds each at 100yrd , 150yrd and 200yrd targets in 3 minutes.   Start w/a zero score/time and add time for hits in the b,c,d and misses.  

Shotgun:  Approx 27 steel plates/poppers.  #7/8 shot works well.  timed.  Start in one spot, engage 7 or so targets, move to next shooting station (reloading on the way) and engage the next set of steel, etc.   Bring 50rds + or so and a way to carry them.  Lots of 870's, 590's and Benelli's.

Pistol:
Open- any pistol w/comps/ports/optics
Stock- any pistol plain or modified as much as possible, but no comps/ports/optics
Revolver-self explanitory

The pistol matches normally consist of 3 stations:  9 bowling pins(shot for time), the same steel COF for the shotguns (time), and the 3rd COF for pistol is a shoot/move w/ paper targets w/hostages intermingled w/the bad guys, etc(time plus b,c,d and misses).  Bring at least 100rds for each pistol that you are going to shoot, bring holsters, mag carriers (or pocket carry the mags), etc.  There are lots of fobus holsters, cheap gun show style nylon holsters and fobus style mag carriers so you dont have to have "competition gear" to shoot.  

There are trophy's/plaques awarded for the Top Gun (the overall winner of rifle, shotgun and 1 pistol), and then there are individual 1st-3rd awards in rifle, shotgun, and EACH pistol class (16 awards).  Some guys will show up and shoot all 5 guns, some will shoot 1 pistol only.   This will be an all day event w/a 9A start on Sun morning.

I wish I could give directions but it is almost impossible (turn off the paved road, etc).  If you are serious about going, post it here and I'll get w/you offline for more details on meeting/following to the meet.

Cost to shoot all 5 guns is approx 35.00-40.00???  Last year had maybe 40 shooters.

scottMO

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that sounds like fun, but i bitch about driving out to CMMG's place, thats a hell of a drive and isnt KC that much further? Where are you located and would you be interested in carpooling maybe?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I'm a member at Tri-County and I've never seen anything about this.  I guess I'll have to read the news letter more closely.

Too bad I'm out of town

if any one needs directions its not THAT hard.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Wayne- I'm just off 50 hwy in Lees Summit (SE Kansas City).  The shoot is abt 45 min-1 hr from Lees Summit.  If you are coming from the Jeff Cithy area, you are looking at 2.0 hrs to Lees Summit, then the hour to the match.  Mark Wells from MODDC is going too. We can work something out if you are interested.  

Miranthis- I might use you for directions if some need it.  I have no problems getting there, but couldnt tell you streets/highways, etc.  I tried to find them on the web, but no luck.    

scottMO

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I know you all will laugh at me but i really do get car sick and right now my rear end in the truck is screwed, thats why my uncle drove to CMMG sat. I will have to pass on that one if its that much further out. I appreciate it but if i dont drive i get car sick on long trips., Thats a LOOONG way for a ole country boy like myself. Hope you have fun and dont cut them no slack, kick their ass like you do ours.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Miranthis- I might use you for directions if some need it.  I have no problems getting there, but couldnt tell you streets/highways, etc.  I tried to find them on the web, but no luck.    

scottMO

No problem.  I will dig up the address and see if Mapquest is any good for it.  If not it really is easy to find, so long as you don't mis the big water tower right next to the road.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]
What time(s) will this be going on?  I'd REALLY love to come out and if nothing else just watch, but I have work from 1-6 hinking.gif

Sounds cool though!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I should start at 9am (ish).  there are several that watch, help score, help reset targets, etc.

scottMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top