Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 10:31:04 AM EDT
Howdy all, some of you might know me from the shoots at CMMG's place, im the one who has the daughter that uses a FA 1919 to cut computers in half. I am in bland half hr east of jeff city and 1hr 20 mins from stlouis, have one of the best places to shoot. We have a claypit that is about 3 acres big inside of 200 acre personal property and has nice concrete flooring on the water front and up above and behind ya are 2 clay bird throwers on each side of ya for playing annie oakly, if you know what that is. There is a ton of room for Machine guns and home defense weapons of all sorts to open up on targets in the water and on other side of the bank, about 75 yrds away where we put clay birds and soda cans and so forth in the dirt and see who can hit them. I shoot my machine guns there all the time so cops are well aware that this is a spot for shooting. It is in a very safe location and very clean. Was wanting to know if any of ya want to come down and shoot and have a good time on the weekends. We do it every weekend but wanted to see if yall wanted to come and join us, the more the merier, i spelled that wrong i beleive. Let me know if you would like to throw some bullets, like i said we do it every weekend, let me know. Thanks Double8
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah yes, you are the one I emailed during the summer. I still want to come, it'd be a hoot, but I go home every weekend to work. If I quit, you can bet that I'll be coming. You are actually closer to me than where I go to shoot right now (huzzah valley). Unfortunately, you are 2 hours away from home where I work or I could make it on saturday morning and I work friday and saturday night.  Maybe I can make it in december when classes get out but before I work full time for a couple weeks, assuming you are still shooting when it is cold and snowy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as its not POURING, were shooting, nice to hear from you again. Just email me whenever you can make it and its on. Later D8
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a "blast" I would love to, It is a bit of a haul but what the hay can't make it every weekend but I am certain I could attend a few times.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Wayne,  Like I told you at CMMG's shoot, I'd love to come out there.  Got my next couple of weekends tied up with bow hunting, but after that Hell Yeah.  Maybe we can teach my boys to shoot that 1919 too.
Justin
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You bring your boys out and i will bring thousands of rnds for the 1919, M16,mac 10 and ak and they can shoot the hell out of them, i love seeing the look on a kids face when they fire that stuff. Bring a camera, i will.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
double8, you do the shooting community well!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Do me a favor, go to general discussion and find my post on there, its titled "any cops or lawyers? problems with kids and guns" Read it and see if yall cant help me. You all seen my daughter with guns, you tell me, i have had dfs and county called on me cause my kid shoots, the cops say nothing wrong but neighbor keeps messing with me and takin pics, the wife and kids are upset and im just pissed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
IMHO,  I honestly don't see anything wrong with what you're doing, because I've seen the very safe manner in which you conduct yourself and have obviously taught your daughter to follow safe rules of conduct around firearms.  I think that if a person has children and has firearms around the house, whether it be a .22 pistol or a 1919, the children need to be educated about them and taught to understand and respect the nature of a gun, that it is something to be enjoyed in a safe and responsible manner.  If more people did that, kids might not feel that there is such an aura of mystery about them, leading to uninformed experimentation by themselves or the all too tragic situation of having a friend over and showing them off, resulting in an accidental shooting.  I'm not saying that it's for everyone, but with the combination of guns and children I am absolutely in favor of good education, and if the kids show interest it can become a healthy family bonding time.  Wayne, maybe you should go to your neighbors house and take pictures through the window of them playing Monopoly and tell them how they are being bad parents teaching their children to aquire absolute power.  (Just an example, I love Monopoly.)  Anyway, for most of you, I'm preaching to the choir, for the rest... flame away.
Justin
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the support, IM sent
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do me a favor, go to general discussion and find my post on there, its titled "any cops or lawyers? problems with kids and guns" Read it and see if yall cant help me. You all seen my daughter with guns, you tell me, i have had dfs and county called on me cause my kid shoots, the cops say nothing wrong but neighbor keeps messing with me and takin pics, the wife and kids are upset and im just pissed.

Where is your neighbor at when they take these photos:

Thier property, public property, or your property?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Damn,  my very first double post.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
They are on their property hiding behind the trees at the fence line. Its taken care of now, they have a exparteay against them and the cop told us to file harrassment and stalking charges so we did. They got served this afternoon and havent had any problems since and court date is the 6th of next month.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They are on their property hiding behind the trees at the fence line. Its taken care of now, they have a exparteay against them and the cop told us to file harrassment and stalking charges so we did. They got served this afternoon and havent had any problems since and court date is the 6th of next month.

Hey bud, its spelled "ex parte" and I just finished defending a couple of people against four of those.  I won two out of four.  If you need help just whistle.

And remember, John Kerry says

DON'T KEEP GETTIN' PLAYED, NICKA!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey D8, I am also in rolla. If you have any more trouble I'd be willing to stop by in the morning some times. Nothing illegal, but I could sure as heck distract them in some creative ways and get in their face. But, hopefully the current trend of them not bothering you continues and good luck with the suit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I appreciate the offer but i think the law is gonna do the trick. You are more then welcome to come down and shoot though. Lets throw some BULLETS!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Double8, I saw the 1919 destroy the computer monitor. That was great. I thought your girl was trying to melt down the barell. I live in St James. I would certainly like to make it to a shoot before it gets cold. CB
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I work in st james so your not far either, come on down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Just remember... cold weather helps to keep the barrel cooler after many, many rounds
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Awesome. It's a small world. For someone who works in ST James you have some very nice toys. I am guessing you work at WM distribution. Thanks for the invite. I will make it in the next couple weeks. Did you see there will be a gun show in Rolla at UMR. Anyone in for that?  CB
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
when is it and where is UMR, Ill go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:53:01 AM EDT
[#21]
UMR=Rolla   The only reason redleg, fan of the black rifle, and I are in this town.

It is this weekend, October 2nd and 3rd in the multipurpose building at the intersection of 10th and 63/bishop. Not the old run down building, the big newer building. I'll be there on sunday, I have something to do on saturday though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I MIGHT MAKE A TRIP UP THERE SAT, BEFORE I GO TO WORK. THANKS
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll be at the gunshow on Sunday.  I have FTX at FLW Friday and Saturday.  Not expecting much but hey, it's a funshow!  My last one was Tulsa, so this should be quite a contrast.  

Have they ever had a funshow here in Rolla before?  If so, what can I expect?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe this is the first ever gunshow of any type in Rolla. I am going Sat early. I need some 308 surplus ammo. 5.45 ammo would be nice. I doubt they will have any. I will post the results Sat afternoon. CB
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]

from http://www.rkshows.com/coupon.htm

Thought y'all might like to save a buck :D
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#26]
How the hell did I not know about this show?!?!

Not that I've got a lot of $ to spend right now...but i'm going!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top