Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 4:24:52 PM EDT
i wish to thank CMMG today for a great time. this is one of the best trunouts we have had. they went above and beyond with the raffle. also the great price on they toys allot of us picked up today. they were nice as always. so Thank YOU!  nice to meet the new people. also great to see beekeeper and everybody else. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a ton of fun.  Thanks CMMG!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
YES!  Metalman, RstienB and I are eating BBQ and drinking large amounts of BEER.  Thanks for a great safe and fun day of shooing!  We will post pics and scores soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I NEEDED to blow off some steam. Been working WAY to hard lately, and under a bunch of stress.

After today I feel MUCH better.

Thanks to John and Jeff, you guys went above and beyond today.

Thanks to everybody who showed up. It was great to meet you new guys, as well as to see some old faces I haven't seen in awhile.

This thing is getting bigger and better. And I hope the trend continues.

Anyway, here's to another great day at CMMG!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
As always, a totally kickass day!!!!!  Mucho thanks to John and Jeff and all who voluntered and help the shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the rate were going...how big must u be to get consideration as a state malitia :p hehehehe
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Today was SO friggin fun.  I'm glad I finally made it out there to a shoot and got to meet people and put faces with screennames.

Thanks to CMMG for putting this on (even if I didn't win that nice rifle ) and thanks Duke_Nukem for letting me run the course with your new toy.

I may have 'killed' one hostage....but the grouping was damned good!

When's the next one?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
FOTBR, glad to help out.

Next shoot should be the first Saturday of next month, so this time bring a gun! LOL

Guys, I don't know if this was the best MODCC shoot I've ever experienced, but it's right up there in the top 2 or 3.  I thought we were very organized, considering how many people were lined up to shoot the Course of Fire I honestly can't believe that we ran everyone through!  That had to be the biggest turnout I've ever seen.

P.S. Thanks MUCHO to CMMG as usual.  I know it was a long day for them.  I hope they made some serious money today.

P.P.S. My new AR setup is the friggin ultimate.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FOTBR, glad to help out.

Next shoot should be the first Saturday of next month, so this time bring a gun! LOL
Its not my fault I ran out of money and didn't my toys reassembled in time
P.P.S. My new AR setup is the friggin ultimate. It sure does point nice!

I guess I *could* have brought my bushy DCM since its not getting any no-ban upgrades for a while......but running the course with that wouldn't have been fun.  I mean, the people hauling heavy-assed stuff around the range at least had belt-fed toys to use.

tatatatatat  <giggling>     tatatat..tatatatat <giggling>
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
What a great day w/some great people and some kewl guns!!  A big "Thanks" to CMMG and those who took time to organize everything, set up the COF and for the food options.  

scottMO  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to add my thanks to CMMG and everyone else as well.  That was, bar none, the best time I've had with firearms since I started shooting as a kid.  I have never seen the kind of hardware assembled today in one place in my life.  Awesome is the only word to describe it.  It was good to meet a few of you and put some names (that I'll no doubt forget tomorrow as I suck at remembering them) with online monikers.

Whoever cooked the food today, good work!  Next time I come I'll budget more time to help with setup and tear down.  I felt bad having to book before the cleanup.  My wife wanted me home before 8:00pm  and I told her I didn't see it going that long (ha!).  I got back at 7:48pm I was crusing for lonely nights if I missed that one.  

Next time I WILL NOT FORGET MY CAMERA.  (Grrrrr.)  I wanted to get some video clips and stills.  See ya'll in November!

I can't sleep... guess I'll go build the lower I bought today.  [whistles off the workbench]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to all for the hospitality and a fun day!
Thanks also to Jeff and John without you guys
none of it would have happened!
Thanks also to everyone for making my nephew
feel welcome and helping him fit in, He had a great time
I believe we have created a monster!
Alas he has been turned to the dark side (Full Auto)!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Just wanted to add my thanks also to everyone there who made the shoot run so smoothly.  This was the first time I had been there for the new range and I was impressed.  Also thanks to everyone except Marshall (I always thought Hippies were all peaceful and non judging and stuff) for not giving me a bunch of shit over my non exploding targets.  Believe me, no one was more disappointed than I was.  I talked to my Dad about it this morning when I saw him after church.  He said it was definitely because of that certain component that had absorbed moisture (I promise not to drip so much gerri curl juice in it next time).  I was agonizing and thinking about that for half the night, thinking of how it will be made up for the next time.  John said that if we all get far enough back, we can go big.  I GUARANTEE that you guys won't be disappointed the next time.  Also, I don't know if it's the season for them yet, but if any of you guys grow pumpkins or have access to some big ones, we can really make a mess with those too.  
See ya at the next one.
Justin
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
BTW:  This followed me home from the shoot this weekend.  I have grown tired of waiting for my ordered lower  (they havent been able to get together and get it shipped going into the third week now).  So I grabbed a stripped lower from CMMG and a parts kit.  Brought it home and had iot assembled in about 1.5 hours.  The pivit pin spring tried to penetrate my basement wall once but I was finally able to find it and go on.  Finally my 6 position stock has a home.

If CMMG keeps hosting this thing I my be forced to leave my credit cards at home.  Far too many black rifles for my budgetary safety.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Another thanks to Jeff and John for the support they show our group. This wouldn't be anything near what it is today without their time and effort. And thanks to the guys that help them in setting it up and helping to make it run so smoothly. As an attendee from St. Louis, it is hard to get there even once a month. So all the work you guys put into it is really appreciated! I really wish I could do more to help.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks to CMMG for hosting this shoot.  Also many thanks to Mike Sutton and family who kept the shooters well supplied with yummy burgers and cold drinks.  Thanks to Metalman, SHD, and all who helped setting up the COF.

Next time, I will try to bring a gun with matching magazines and ammo.  Last Saturday I was absent minded enough to bring a No. 5 Enfield with a bag of AK magazines and ammo ... I ran the COF using a loaner MAK90 from Shi-Huang-Di.  Thanks Brad! ... err ....dont forget to adjust the windage of that MAK90 to the left  ...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to add my thanks to the above. I came out from St. Louis with a buddy for the first time after talking to Jeff on the phone earlier in the week about some gunsmithing work. I didn't get around to running the COF as I arrived late and was unsure of the protocol, etc. but had a great time anyway. Mike was especially helpful and friendly and made us feel right at home. I'm sure we'll be back and will make the effort to arrive early so we can get the lay of the land. And lest I forget, thanks to double8 for allowing me to slip his .22 kit into my rifle and take it for a drive. I'll be ordering one of those real soon. --Buck
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad you liked it, next time ill lend you my M16 and let you see what fun they are on full auto. Grab me at the next shoot and ill set ya up, it was nice meeting ya.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BTW:  This followed me home from the shoot this weekend.  I have grown tired of waiting for my ordered lower  (they havent been able to get together and get it shipped going into the third week now).  So I grabbed a stripped lower from CMMG and a parts kit.  Brought it home and had iot assembled in about 1.5 hours.  The pivit pin spring tried to penetrate my basement wall once but I was finally able to find it and go on.  Finally my 6 position stock has a home.

If CMMG keeps hosting this thing I my be forced to leave my credit cards at home.  Far too many black rifles for my budgetary safety.

www.cranehome.org/user-image/IMG_2173.jpg

How much was that?  I need one too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I agree, great time and thanks to john and jeff. wish i could have stayed a itle longer but my "guest" was ready to leave after 4 hours lol, i was having so much fun just watching i didnt even realize that much time had gone by.grunteled, i know what you mean bout leving the cards at home lol, i left there with a collapsable VLTOR for my current rifle, a striped lower,3 mags and magpulss lol. I am like a kid in a candi store when i go there lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top