Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 2:12:52 PM EDT
Just to keep ourselves as organized as we can I thought it might be good to post a list of things we will need for the upcoming shoot, and an affimation by members who can actually help with specific needs/supplies.

First things first:Are we going to assign a Boss, COF czar, and safety czar?
I will volunteer to be the COF czar and be in charge of maintaining the course during the shoot as well as doing a....sigh....walkthrough!
Who wants to fill the other two positions? (If we are going to do this that is)
I think the RO's should be voluntary as the shoot progresses so no one person gets stuck all day with the task.
Also, I think the "pasters should be the next three people after the man on deck' rule needs to be enforced. Right?
That would mean that during a shoot there would be the shooter's RO, shooter, next person on deck, their RO, and the three pasters; so seven people need to be aware of the COF as it is in progress. Right?

Other requests that I think might be helpful are pretty obvious:

Bring charged screw guns (just don't let Shi-Huang-Di get a hold of em)
screws
staple gun
staples
duct tape
ANY spare lumber that can be used on the COF
hammers
nails
saws (cordless or hand)

I think there might be a ton of other "obvious" things I have forgotten, but in the end if you can bring it the shoot will definately be a lot easier for us and especially , for John and Jeff. I think they have donated enough screws and screw guns at each shoot for us to fell a little guilty by now.

I will be bringing (other than all the crap I'll need just for myself):
a charged screw gun
screws
assorted hand tools
duct tape
and some more lumber

If  you have something to bring post here that you can so we can get an idea of what we might need to scrounge. If i have all week to look I can probably find it!!!

What do you all think? I think it might be nicer to let Jeff and John breath a little more than feel they have to be a massive part of each shoot.
Saddle UP!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Metalman, i will bring staple gun and screw gun (as long as it doesnt get shot like the last one did HAHA). I am also bringing paneling incase it could be used for any purpose. I will volunteer to do any of the assigned tasks needed just let me know what you want me to do. I will paste, czar whatever. What kind of special target do they have for my 1919 on the lumber jack contest? I wont help unless you tell me, HAHA, no really, what is it? I asked jeff if he would mind if i rented the belt fed 1919 out as he does his machine guns but havent got a response yet, people would enjoy shooting that monster.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I will bring with me:

The posts
I have 1 sheet of plywood
Saw and drill
I will also copy several "COF Forms"

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
dub8, Youll just have to wait and see. If there is anything I can find that can stand up to your MONSTER!!! LOL!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I will bring a screw gun and what ever else I can from the list. I also have an inverter in my truck, that means 700watts of 120AC at the range itself. It might be enough to power my sawzall. If it can power it I will have it too.
How about chainsaws? Crude sure, but the beat the hell out of even a bow saw.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I can bring a 2/3 sheet of Plywood cut longways and possibly some 2X4s.
a couple screwguns,
a power inverter for recharging off a car.... 350 Watts but hey you can run chargers off it.
Staple gun and staples.
Cordless Circular saw.

I could bring a full fledged generator if desired?
That means 6000 Watts of 110 or 240 AC at the range.
I'll have to do a service on it if so.
And I guess I could bring a Chainsaw.......

As for RO duty, done it before, I could Volunteer, I've got Orange Safety vests, A shot timer etc.
that I will be bringing anyway so not a huge problem at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill have my chainsaw........made by SAGINAW GEAR GENERAL MOTORS CORP , 700 rpm of wood eating  american metal. The cuts however wont be pretty.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
well since im still living at home not alot i can bring, however if someone wants a board or something cut i will bring some extra ammo and try to shoot a line of holes :p   Hehehehe also (as always)i will be more then happy to voluntere at any position needed...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Metalman,
      Four railroad ties might slow that 1919 down a bit. It doesn't have any problem with 12" trees as we cut a couple down this weekend. Very FUN GUN!

Straitshot
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Straitshot, your gonna make them put a target out there that will make me eat up too much ammo, i know i could mow 4 RR ties down and fairly quick but damb thats alot of wasteful ammo, how bout 2 RR ties, better yet 1 4x4 haha. Why should i get a different target anyways, i dont even get a partner, yall are shooting 2 machine guns at 1 4x4 i only have 1 person and 1 machinegun, put that SAW up against me ill eat it up, belt fed VS beltfed, old VS new.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be making some target stands (bases for the silhouette targets) tonight. If anyone wants to come by and help IM me and I'll give you my address!! I'm sure some beer might make its way into the build!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Longhaul for me but I would love to help
Send me some dimensions and what type materials and I will whip some up here!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this is what I was thinking of....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.gunsnet.net/album/uploads//18816/MISANTHROPE%3ADesktop_Folder%3Atarget-stand.jpg

this is what I was thinking of....

Wouldn't the vertical part get shot up pretty quick with it being in the middle of the target?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
we usually place the targets over to the left or right for just that reason, this was just a drawing
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Excellent idea Metalman.  This way we can move the targets in the COF, especially the NO-shoots.  Once the stand is built the "post" can be repaired very easily with a couple of screws and a ripped piece of lumber.  These are for COF only, and not general target shooting.  I put a target holder on the other range last shoot, and it is 2x4 material, and it will need repair eventually.

I will IM you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top