Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 8:01:15 AM EDT
If someone can get me the address or really good directions to the range that would be awesome. Never been there and I was planning on checking it out tomorrow. I called them up but the lady couldn't help much as far as directions are concenrned. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you coming from?

From KC, MO, Take 29 north to Faucett (Farris Truckstop) turn left cross the highway and follow that to the T intersection, This is A Hwy, turn Right follow it north to the Y bear right and follow until you see the "Pigeon Hill" sign at the corner.... the Green Building on the corner sells Ammunition and targets in the event you forget. follow this road to your right until you come to another Pigeon hill sign turn right and follow this road until you get to the landfill and the road turns to gravel, continue until you arrive at another T to your right is the Rifle Pistol range to the left is Trap (no throwers you would have to bring your own) past the Shotgun range you will find an archery range and if you continue past that you will come to the Conservation Dept/LE range, not open to Civvies.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm coming from Overland Park, so I guess I'll just go 435W then N to get to 29 and then go from there. Your instructions seem basic enough so I should be able to find it.

One question though, is there a sign for A Highway on I-29, is it off an exit?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
You will have to take the Faucett exit, (Farris Truck Stop) this is not "A" this is another road I believe it actually has a street number.
You will go left there and follow that road to a "T" intersection the road you are on will end there.
then go Right this will be "A" highway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Last weekend, I went there.

It wasn't too difficult to find....

....once you got your bearings.  Of course I took the long way since there is no direct exit off the freeway.

I drove thru there with all my firearms but I didn't shoot.  Too crowded.  Too cramped.  Not what I expected.

I like the range near Concordia better.

Let us know what you think.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't make it out there today. My buddy that I was supposed to go with had some other things he had to do and didn't feel like going there myself. What range by Concordia?

Give me your suggestions on good rifle ranges around here(KC). I've always just gone out to my friend's farm or the indoor range for pistols but I'd like a good rifle range to shoot at.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't make it out there today. My buddy that I was supposed to go with had some other things he had to do and didn't feel like going there myself. What range by Concordia?

Give me your suggestions on good rifle ranges around here(KC). I've always just gone out to my friend's farm or the indoor range for pistols but I'd like a good rifle range to shoot at.

About 90 miles from Overland Park.

Take I70 East.  Exit Concordia, Missouri.

Go right, south.  Same road, main street?  Thru the town of Concordia, keep going about 2-3 miles.  Range is on the left (east side).

During the week, sometimes I am there all by myself, all day long.

That's the only place is shoot within driving distance of the KC metro area.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I use Pigeon hill on a semi regular basis and have never had a problem with it being too crowded.  Of course i usually go during the week in the middle of the day.   There is a manned range near Farley.  I'm not sure of it's name.  You could probably find it on the Department of Conservation website.  It would be a fair bit closer for you if you don't mind a manned range.  It's about the same for me to go to it or Pigeon Hill, so I choose the unmanned.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
There are to ranges between Pigeon Hill and Concordia.  Farley is Parma Woods, its brand new and very nice but its a manned range with the Conservation Nazis there keeping you to one shot every 3-5 seconds.  The other is Lake City out in Lees Summit on Hwy.  It too is manned range.  If you want to rock and roll then the Gallitin Range is out in the boonies and goes to to 200 yards.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There are to ranges between Pigeon Hill and Concordia.  Farley is Parma Woods, its brand new and very nice but its a manned range with the Conservation Nazis there keeping you to one shot every 3-5 seconds.  The other is Lake City out in Lees Summit on Hwy.  It too is manned range.  If you want to rock and roll then the Gallitin Range is out in the boonies and goes to to 200 yards.

Gallitin Range?  Where is that?

I was at Concordia the other week, all by myself for 3 hours...can you say bump fire?  But I was responsible, stood up next to the mound, maybe only 20 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top