Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 3:36:22 PM EDT
Well I'm thinking of coming to my first shoot in September but I have some questions.  What  kind of gear is absolutely nessisary to get by with?  I have a DPMS rifle but I have only have 3 thirty round mags (5 twenty rounders).  Also I don't have much in the way of "Tactical Wear" so I have no good way to cart three mags around with me.  I have my Springfield XD9 with 2 mags same there.

Should I invest in some equipment here or do people just shove a mag in the back pocket and run the course?  I'm planning on buying some stuff anyway since I have a plan to reach Blackwater training in the next couple of years.  I don't mind buying some real stuff I just want to make sure I start with what I *need* to make the experiance less problematic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
    Aug. was my first shoot (had a blast btw) and I did have 1 dual mag holder, but still had to carry a couple mag's in the back pockets to make it through the COF.  It was thanks to a friend that I had the 2 mag carrier (thanks again Brad) but I would recommend a carrier if possible just to more safely carry the ammo. It can be hard to pull mags from the pocket with the adrenalin rush going, and after the first round, its gonna be(at least mine was). I have seen mag carriers cheap on both e-bay and on Gunbroker.com so it could be worth the look. Hope this helps, and cya there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to come and I usually bring extra gear to such things as there is always someone who either forgot to bring something or just doesn't have it. I have even let shooters borrow firearms when theirs were down or they just wanted to try it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of us get all decked out in gear (Metalman:P) and some of us show up in jeans/t-shirt and mag "in the back pocket" as long as its safe. I would say def. bring long pants, a gun, all the ammo you got WOOHOO :).
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Some of us get all decked out in gear (Metalman:P) and some of us show up in jeans/t-shirt and mag "in the back pocket" as long as its safe. I would say def. bring long pants, a gun, all the ammo you got WOOHOO :).

I think Jim said it best

Show up with lots of ammo, and have some fun. At the end of the day that's what it's all about.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, I might try to get some mag pouches but I'm making the trip with whatever I have come the 4th.  What time should I plan to arrive in the morning?  It's about an 1:20min drive for me.  Is the website working anymore, cause I have no idea how to get there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ummm...don't let Jim fool you, he comes with enough gear to deal when TSHTF!!!LOL!!! C'mon , SOMEONE must have a pic of Jim in his full garb!!??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't the next shoot the 18th?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Hehehehe ok   ok so maybe im one to get all dressed up as well.... I just hope that with my new office job i havent gotten to fat to wear my damn camo pants :P

Next shoot is the 18th sept.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If it helps I wear shorts, sandals, hawaian shirt and carry my magazines in my back pocket.
Oh, if ya wanna look cool you have to wear shades (sunglasses, not lamp shades)
Don't listen to Duke, he will swear ski masks are required, don't believe him, they are only for feeding his own twisted bizarre fantasies.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hehehehe ok   ok so maybe im one to get all dressed up as well.... I just hope that with my new office job i havent gotten to fat to wear my damn camo pants :P

Next shoot is the 18th sept.

Oh!  I thought they were on the first Saturday of each month?

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Special occasion First Saturday after the AWB Expires!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhhhhh....  Damn.  I'll have nothing to show for it yet.  Maybe I'll try to tape a steak knife to the end of my barrel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Ooooooh Careful the next thing you know they will want to ban steak knives.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top