Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 5:27:53 PM EDT

OK so Shi-Huang-Di requested this one, and I personally think it will be a fun run.We kept talking about a chaotic mob type scenario with multiple bad guys and lots of no shoots!!!

All of you at the last shoot remember how much ammo we needed to get through the run? Well, this will be no different!!!

Lots of different engagement types. Basically three different scenarios in one!

Area 1:
The tires here will be stacked so there will be three 'ports' that can be shot through. One high, one kneeling height, and one low for prone.  You choose your hole(s) to engage from.
There will be tons of clustered targets here. Lots downrange and a bunch leading up to the barricade. I am going to work on a stencil of a handgun to spray onto targets designating 'bad guys' and a open hand for 'good guys'. Some bad guys might even have both.

Area 2: Funnels you out into another mob scene agin with some immediate engagements and then some longer range targets in the back.

Area 3: is the hostage room. Here you have to get the terrorists only and save the lone 'good guy'. Real quick and real close!!!!

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
yep i like this one. beekeeper you goign make the 18th shoot? or as im calling it the let freedom ring shoot.  down with the clintons, shoot. miss seeing you.  Metalman be good to see you again, Ronald
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Also I think we could run this safely without a specific pre-competition walkthrough, since there are only two stationary shooting positions and berms on three sides.

I like it Marshall!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Nukem is right .... this COF can be run without a walkthrough.  But let the experienced shooters go first, that way the newcomers can see how the COF should be done.  I know, it will be just "lukewarm" instead of "cold", but it is better for safety sake.

So many targets, I do hope all shooters who participate to volunteer their service to paste up targets.  In the past, the pasters seem to be the same people over and over again.  We need to increase shooters' participation in organizing and running the COF.  I think this is the umphteenth times this subject has been mentioned here.

oz
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nukem is right .... this COF can be run without a walkthrough.  But let the experienced shooters go first, that way the newcomers can see how the COF should be done.  I know, it will be just "lukewarm" instead of "cold", but it is better for safety sake.

So many targets, I do hope all shooters who participate to volunteer their service to paste up targets.  In the past, the pasters seem to be the same people over and over again.  We need to increase shooters' participation in organizing and running the COF.  I think this is the umphteenth times this subject has been mentioned here.

oz

I think it should go like the one shoot we had where the next three shooters were the pasters. That way it was always in rotation.
It just has to be enforced.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The COF looks good.

I've got an old jacket  or 2 that I can bring for one/some of the bad guys.  I've shot a COF b4 where the bad guys were wearing jackets/coverings and it made it more difficult to see/aimfor the center, etc.

scottMO
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice.  Looks perfect for some beltfed action.  Of course there may be a little 'collateral damage'...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap! who is gonna carry the ammo cans for the reloads??
I like it...

BTW, I will try to bring more tires and hopefully a prototype popup target.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Holy crap! who is gonna carry the ammo cans for the reloads??
I like it...

BTW, I will try to bring more tires and hopefully a prototype popup target.

WOW...

Metalman, you've outdone yourself once again...

Saw the photos - looks like CMMG has built a Class-A shooting range...
Damn...
Now I really miss you guys...

I'm in Montana now, working for Western Wireless...
Guess I'll have to get something strated up here, or plan to attend a MODCC shoot in the future...

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
CUTTER!!!!!!!  Whats happnin daddy-o!!! Man we all miss you out here!!! Hows the big sky country? I have relatives in Polson and Missoula!!! Been there lots. Lots of weirdo militia types too...be wary!!! Hope you can get back here some time and drink...er...build with us again!!!!
Miss ya big guy!!!
Marshall

BTW....Shi-Huang-Di has pretty much everything to do with the design of this COF. We werre sitting around talking about that scene in Black Hawk Down where the pilot and copilot were being stormed by the Somolians and really thought that would be a cool idea for a COF. However we felt it might be a little non-PC to be shooting Somalians , or any real people for that matter, so I figgered a little simpler and came up with this.
I personally want to see lots of smokin barrels resulting from this COF!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Just remember chamber flags do NOT go in the chamber immediately after finishing...stick them down the mag well.

For those who wonder why, I had one melt in my barrel during the last shoot, and that one was "only" around 70 or 80 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
BIG SKY is the word.

Yeah, I miss ya'll too...

Went shooting south of Missoula near Corvallis - neat range...

They had sheltered shooting positions that had a round sign hanging down
at all positions that read "Rule 6"

Rule 6 states that when the sign is down - everyone must step back from their weapons
and noone should be standing at a firing bench...

Once everyone's changed out targets and are ready to shoot again, a long handled lever is
push down, and cables retract the round "Rule 6" signs...
Pretty cool system - with that and a range officer - everyone was very relaxed...

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am going to work on a stencil of a handgun to spray onto targets designating 'bad guys' and a open hand for 'good guys'. Some bad guys might even have both. hr

Oh yeah... y'can't in good conscience shoot an unarmed targethe'Sort of a house clearing stage... Shooter would round a corner, seeing the open hand 1st... Slowed some down as they contemplated what to doheSome did... Some didn't....

Here's what some of our targets looked like at our last IDPA match

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Girlieman/shootme.jpg

The good guys...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Girlieman/noshoot.jpg

That's a great COF you came up with.... I'll likely plagiarize ith.gif
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The "gun" and "hands" is very cool GM.  I will get with you Metalman...another build night item to ad to the list.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I like it!  Is this a "GO" for September?  I will email CMMG to see.  Metalman, RsteinB, Don and myself will get together.  I will also have 5 more 4X4s for the "timber shoot".
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Woot... More splinters...Let me know on the plans for the build night or night's..
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I think this will be a great COF! Heheh  Only thing i would suggest is that we keep spray painting the hostages so i dont have to sit there and look for a hand.... hell how do i know the bad guy doesnt have a gun behind his back?!?!?  MUWAHAHAHA Screw it there all gonna die......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top